PTW screwed up my folders in Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW screwed up my folders in Windows

I'm almost positive that this problem started as soon as I installed Play the World. Civ III had been installed for over a year before and did not cause the problem.

The problem is that none of my folders in Windows (98) save their settings. I want all my folders to view as lists, except one as large icons and one as details. No matter how many times I change either of them, they change back as soon as I close the folder. In Folder Options->View, "Remember Each folder's View Options" is ticked. So I don't see why it doesn't do that.

Both Windows and Dell's websites yielded no useful information or ways to contact them by email, so I'm counting on you.
    World War 2 Worldwide
    Muddy Flood Plains
    World Map

I found 98 rather touchy with that, usually when I would reinstall it though. I wanted a list just like you, with no graphics in the window, and I had to reset it time and time again before they finally looked the way I wanted to. Just keep trying you'll probably get it eventually.

Do yourself a favour and get Windows XP. It's way better than 98, and a lot less of a headache.

Comment

Working...
    X