Movement penalty for Desert terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrtn
    The_Aussie_Lurker: "Then I'd allow Cossaks and Russian Infantry to ignore Tundra movement costs"

The Cossaks were from the Ukraine. Ukraine does NOT have any tundra, though they produce Schampanjskoje, ukrainian fizzy wine. The infantry idea is good though.
    There's no point in giving Infantry any movement modifications since they only move one square at a time anyway. It won't get any better no matter what you do, aside from "All Terrain As Roads".

Comment

Originally posted by mrtn
      The_Aussie_Lurker: "Then I'd allow Cossaks and Russian Infantry to ignore Tundra movement costs"

The Cossaks were from the Ukraine. Ukraine does NOT have any tundra, though they produce Schampanjskoje, ukrainian fizzy wine. The infantry idea is good though.
      now i'm very politically incorrect, but i have to say it :

ukrainian units should ignore movement penalty for polluted tiles (chernobyl)

sorry, completely off
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf

now i'm very politically incorrect, but i have to say it :

ukrainian units should ignore movement penalty for polluted tiles (chernobyl)

sorry, completely off
        It would be more appropriate if they glowed in the dark.

Comment

I too miss my Civ2 Alpine Troops, skiing in the desert...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            I too miss my Civ2 Alpine Troops, skiing in the desert...
            Hey, some of those sand dunes make for not bad skiing! There's not a huge difference between sand and snow in many ways.

Comment

Civ 3 models terrains rather roughly. There should be some difference between desert types. I remember a Mongolian scenario for Civ 2 which introduced a new terrain type - dunes. They produced nothing, gave no defense bonus and cost 3 points to cross. You wouldn't enter them if you didn't really have to.

To add difference between infantry units, one could double the movement rate of all units, except units supposed to be really heavy.
              The difference between industrial society and information society:
              In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
              In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
                To add difference between infantry units, one could double the movement rate of all units, except units supposed to be really heavy

... Or really inexperienced.

-O.
                ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Working...
                X