I'm ignorant, please help me out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ignorant, please help me out...

I'm sure this question has been asked before, so please forgive me.

How do I make permenant changes with the editor in PTW?
    "Perseus wore a magic cap so that the monsters he hunted might not see him. We draw the magic cap down over our own eyes and ears so as to deny that there are any monsters" - Karl Marx

You're much better off saving it as a scenario, then using the "Load Scenario" option on the title screen. It's just as easy starting a game that way, and you'll never corrupt the main game file, which is not difficult to do. Just save into the main "Scenario" folder in Civ 3, it doesn't have to be in the PTW folder.

Comment

Willem is right. If you try to save the permanent files you'll eventually **** something up.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Thats what I do. I have several "Templates". One has additional cities for each civ, no other changes. Another has various unit changes and general rule changes.
        I just load up the one I want in the editor, generate the map, save as a new file and then load it in game and play.

Comment

nice quote captain....anyone know how to effect political situations in the game
          DEVM SVM
          I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
          Roma Invicta

Comment

romanus, im in florida...wheres winter ark?
            DEVM SVM
            I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
            Roma Invicta

Comment

Can someone tell me how to make leaderheads?

I want to make leaderheads of my friends for a scenario I'm working on (personal of course) and some famous historical figures...

GenghisFarb does a good job, but I don't necessarily want a bunch of large-chested women! (No offense meant, his leaderheads are great)

I just want to know what software I need, etc., etc.

Can anyone help me out?
              You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Why don't you ask GenghisFarb himself or Chimlot (who is also making some nice leaderheads)?
                "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
                but when there has been naming
                we should also know when to stop.
                Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem
                  Why don't you ask GenghisFarb himself or Chimlot (who is also making some nice leaderheads)?
                  I sent Mr. Farb an e-mail, and he never responded.

Maybe it is not meant to be.
                  You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Chimtot mentioned that he used "Poser" and "Jasc Animation Shop".
                    "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
                    but when there has been naming
                    we should also know when to stop.
                    Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Working...
                    X