Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ressources appearing in the City Window

Hi,
    I added some new ressources to my Worldmap. Some of them are luxuryressources. Now, when I open the cityscreen and look at the place where the luxuryressources should be, where you can see how many lucky faces they create, the new ressources doesn't appear. I can see a number of how much of them I have, but there is no picture for them. I figured out the psx file which should contain the information for that. In the Dir where I have my PTW in under \Art\City Screen\luxuryicons_small.psx. So.. but I still don't now how I could add some icons. Ok, I know how, but don't know how the Game should figure out, which icon belongs to which luxury. I hope anybody could help me with this. thx.

I was actually wondering the same thing.

The luxuries are presented in that file twice, in a different order each time. I suppose I could just blindly add squares and plunk in random luxury images until it came out right, but that sounds really labor and time consuming.

Can anyone help?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      I was actually wondering the same thing.

The luxuries are presented in that file twice, in a different order each time. I suppose I could just blindly add squares and plunk in random luxury images until it came out right, but that sounds really labor and time consuming.

Can anyone help?
      Have you tried adding more fields to the file at the bottom? I discovered that was how I had to add the city view graphics for improvements, so luxuries might work the same way. I'd try it, but I don't really feel like staring a game right now to test it.

Comment

Hi, actually, I think that for the file luxuryicons_small.pcx you would need a photo editor like PSP7 or Adobe PS 7.
        You need to add new resources to the top role. The default file only gives you 8 blocks per row, you would need to double/triple the number of blocks for both row with some editing and then add icons "6 blocks" after the last luxury icon on the top row.

The 6 blank blocks between the last original icon and your new icon are for the 6 bonus resources. You can see what I mean if you look at the file resources.pcx in the art folder.

I learned this somewhere from another CIVIII fan.

Comment

So...add squares horizontally rather than vertically?

Maybe that's why the game is crashing on startup now...

Although that dosen't explain why, after restoring the file (of course I kept a backup), its still crashing on startup...

Comment

When you make reference to the resources.pcx in the /arts folder. You will start with "horse" till "gold", a total of 22 icons. From "whales" to "gold" you have 6 icons. You should place your new luxury resource "after" 6 blank pink blocks from gold in luxuryicons_small.pcx.

You will need patch 1.29f for this to work.

Comment

The Mad Monk:

If you added new resources without the proper icon, your game will crash. Remember to remove the new resources from your edit rules when you revert back to the original file.

Comment

Correction: the last block in luxuryicons_small.pcx should be "diamond" instead of "gold".

Oh and one more thing.

The block where you add new icon in resources.pcx and luxuryicons_small.pcx should be "in sync".
                For example Adding cotton as luxury resource:

If you add a cotton icon in resources.pcx and it is the first new icon you add. Then it should be in the block "after" the "gold". That will be block 23.

Now in luxuryicons_small.pcx. You add your "cotton" icon
                in the "seventh" empty pink block "after" the gold icon in the top row.

Note: If you want the logic over here, in resource.pcx try giving the "horse" a number 1, "iron" 2..."rubber" 6... "grape" 9.... " diamond" 16... until you get "gold" 22.

And then in the top row in luxuryicons_small.pcx.
                You start with "grape" which is labelled as block number "9" and end with diamond which is labelled as block number "16". The next 6 empty pink blocks will be from "17" to "22". You will add you new luxury resource on block "23".

Comment

aiy!!!!

Gee how I always got mixed up... sigh...OK!
                  In luxuryicons_small.pcx, the last icon I am referring to is "diamond" not "gold"! ^_^

Comment

Okay...I'm using Amesjustin's 84 Resource graphics.pcx to develop my mod (not all of them -- I'll consolidate later). I've skipping over some of the images and some of the ones I'm using are rather far down the list. You're saying that I should add the extra sixty-odd blocks to luxuryicons.pcx and plunk in the icons I'm actually using in the appropriate boxes?

I'll try that.

Comment

Hi,

I suggest that for resoures.pcx, you only add the icons you want from Amesjustin's 84 Resource graphics.pcx to your resources.pcx (of course after you back up the original one).
                      And then modify your luxuryicons_small.pcx according to your new resources.pcx, not Amesjustin's 84 Resource graphics.pcx.

IMHO 84 resources is too much to handle in a small civ world.

Comment

Got any results?
                        successful?

Comment

Working...
                        X