Is there a quick way to remove eras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a quick way to remove eras?

I'm interested in creating a scenario set in the ancient world. I would start at the beginning of the tech tree but I only want to advance as far as the end of the ancient era. With the editor in 1.29 I erased all the techs I didn't want but the game crashed on me. Now I have the editor that comes with PTW and I'd like to have another go at it. Is there a simple way to play 500 to 600 turns in the ancient era without having to manually delete units and techs? If I have to manually delete them, how can I avoid having the game crash?
    Thanks for your help.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

One thing you can do in PTW is set a time limit for the game. Have a look in Scenarios\Scenario Properties.

PS You could also shift all the Ancient Era techs to the last one, then set your mod to start then. That would work.

Comment

Thanks for the help, Willem. I'll try your suggestions but won't they give me a short game?
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Well then just spread all the Ancient Era techs throughout the other 3. They don't necessarily have to be in the same one. As long as there's something in each one it shouldn't matter. At least so I'm guessing. You'll have to a lot of experimenting though.

Comment

Working...
        X