Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maciek
    Its a pity that the "Demoversioner" is in Svensk only...

I kind of like Swedish software. A little bit of nationalism in me
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Runtime Error '76' - Path not found

Hi all!

I´ve installed Civ3 MultiTool Version 0.98 with german language pack.
      Everything works fine except the Savegame Editor.
      When I choose it in the Civ3 Multi Tool Menu I get a box message:

"Runtime Error '76' - Path not found"

I only can click "OK" and the program closes.

What does it mean and how can i solve it?
      My System: P4 Northwood 1.8, Win XP + SP1, 1 GB Rambus.
      Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Comment

The erros seems to be that all palett files can't be loaded. Do you know if you have Art\Units\palettes\ntp00.pcx to Art\Units\palettes\ntp31.pcx
        in your civ3 directory?

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply!

Yes, all these files are there.

My directory tree for civ3 is:

f:\Spiele\Win\Civilization 3\Art\units\Palettes\ntp00.pcx to otp16.pcx.

(All ntp / otp files are 900 / 899 Bytes small. )

Directory for the Civ3 MultiTool is:

f:\Spiele\Win\Civilization 3\Civ3 MultiTool

I´ve read something about the c3mt.dll.
          What is it? I couldn´t find it on my harddisc....

Martin

Comment

The c3mt.dll was added in version 0.98.1 (which is only in English)

Have you relocaded the Civ3 directory since the install (so that the registry entry for it has been left pointing somewhere else)?

Comment

IT WORKS!!!

I reinstalled Civ3 and no there are no runtime-errors anymore!

GREAT TOOL!

Thanks a lot!

Martin

Comment

Just for anyone who is interested:

I'm right now working on an improved way to analyse saves to find new thingst to edit.

My current focus is the Civilization (LEAD) parts of the saves I'm working with, and my new system logs about 200 kb unknown data from each save loaded, and allows comparations of different civilizations, or the same civilization from different turns. I hope this will help me find more variables over long time games, but it will take a while longer before I can get to any new version. However, if anyone wants to have a debug version email me before the end of week 13.

I'll be unavailable during week 12.

Comment

PTW Status!

Hi Gramphos...
                  I have PTW and have applied patch PTW1.21f...

Could you kindly clarify the status of CIV3MT with respect to whether the save game editor etc will work.

If not... do you have a development schedule to update CIV3MT to be compatible?

Cheers and allow me to express my thanks for all your efforts.

I am amazed Firaxis has not incorporated your tolls as an extension to the CIV3 editor!
                  ------------------------------------
                  Cheers
                  Exeter.
                  -------------------------------------

Comment

Currently I've figured out that the released version of the SGE will give an error if you try to load any PTW save other then saves from 1.04f. However, I can load saves from 1.14f, but haven't had any saves from 1.21f to work with.

Comment

• 0.99 released

Just in time for an easter egg or something

- NEW C3MT MEMBER: Civ2 Map Converter
                      - Fixed Stop Statment bug on file extraction.
                      - Fixed visual error on settings window that appeared in 0.98.1
                      - Missing palett files now gives you a warning popup
                      - Language module extended to make it easier to add string groups. Currently the old and the new system runs side by side.
                      - SGE: More PTW functionallity added. (!Version! error corrected for PTW 1.14f)
                      - SGE: Added PTW game rules
                      - SGE: New edit method for dates in PTW (the userfriendliness has to be worked on) (It shall work with another time unit, but it has yet to be tested, and there may be fields which I have missed)
                      - SGE: Changing the timeline in PTW now does affect the game by editing the rules in the save.
                      - SGE: Golden Ages can be edited for civs.
                      - SGE: Now asks for administrative password before opening password protected saves
                      - Compressed EXE with UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net/)

Known problems:
                      Spelling misstake in the map converter ready to convert message. Stand Cov3 shall stand Civ3.
                      The Language files before 0.99 don't work (disbabled is the right word)

Comment

• Only two downloads yet...
                        ...and not a single comment.

When I updated every second week it was faster. Now you should be full of comments to give as you have waited extra long.

Comment

• nice, but, could you make it so it puts seas around the coast? Thanks!
                          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                            Only two downloads yet...
                            ...and not a single comment.

When I updated every second week it was faster. Now you should be full of comments to give as you have waited extra long.
                            probably because most people havn't checked by yet because it's been quite a while since the last major update. and maybe they havn't subscribes to this third thread (==> post notification in the 2nd thread?)

anyhow, thanks a lot for the new version!
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Hi, I have one quick question about your utility. (Super job by the way, thanks very much for all your hard work.) I downloaded the C3MT for one purpose: to extend the final turn "deadline" beyond 2050 AD. This feature does not seem to work, however. (I'm playing PTW v. 121f.) I open up the Save Game Modifier and modify the "last turn" field to extend beyond 2050, but when I load the game at 2049 and advance to the next turn, the game ends as usual. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Comment

• I've updated to the .99 version but I now get the standard C3mt has encountered a problem and needs to close when attempted to resave an edited save for CIVIII. I've never had this problem before.

Here is my C3MT log, but I don't see anything in there to help....lol

Upgrade to version 0.99.
                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                                Error in decompress: (using SAVExpnd.exe to decompress save)

I'm running XP home with CIV III 1.29f

Comment

Working...
                                X