Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkalTur
    Hya, fellows.

So, gramphos, any news?
    Well, no. I'm wokring on getting my windows installation stable enough to work with, but right now I mostly use Linux. (Where I can't work on C3MT)

Hopefully I'll find out away to solve this soon, and maybe alos figure out why my computer dosn't turn off automaticaly when I give thepoweroff command...

In windows it does the same as reeboot, and in linux it stops the fans or somethign but the computer is still on and I have to turn it off manually. I think that problem is BIOS related, but I can't figure out what I did wrong.

I'll probably just have to search for a hardware forum to ask there...
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

I'll probably just have to search for a hardware forum to ask there...
      Most likely. ^_^
      Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Status update:

I've been working a little with my code today, creating a new logging system for a detailed logging. But there are still many things to be done before this system is ready.

Other things I've done so far just involves cleaning up some code.

If anyone could make a list of all requests posted here and at CFC it would help a lot...

Comment

• I'm getting similar issues with this program. I was using 1.02, and I'm running W2KPro. The only part of the program I used was the saved game editor, and it worked great for a couple days. But then suddenly after editing my saved game, CIV3 would crash while trying to load the modded saved game. I then tried to go back into the editor, but it would not load the corrupted save, and would also give me an error upon exiting the editor. Then it would give me an error when loading a saved game, modded or unmodded.

So I upgraded to 1.03, and then the error upon loading went away (sorry I don't have the verbage on that one), but I'm still getting corrupt saved games after modding.

I've also had the friendly fire issue, but it's so far only occurred with enemy cities that were converted through the editor. Removing the military units produced by my original cities and replacing them with units produced by the occupied city stopped the massacre.

Comment

• Here's the latest attempt resulting in a saved game that crashes CIV3 to the desktop as well on my machine.

The error I get when loaded the corrupt modified saved game files:

Run-time error '9':
            Subscript out of range

CIV3 is crashing at 31% when loading that map. I also tried just loading the 1200BC map into the editor and exporting it without modification, and I still get the error.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SiliconJon; September 16, 2003, 13:48.

Comment

• If this will help, here is the map that loads correctly (modded previously in the game but still functional)
              Attached Files

Comment

• And here is the same save, only opened then resaved through the editor, no changes made to the values.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SiliconJon
                  Here's the latest attempt resulting in a saved game that crashes CIV3 to the desktop as well on my machine.

The error I get when loaded the corrupt modified saved game files:

Run-time error '9':
                  Subscript out of range

CIV3 is crashing at 31% when loading that map. I also tried just loading the 1200BC map into the editor and exporting it without modification, and I still get the error.
                  The error 9 in this file is becausethe loading fails before citizens are loaded... I've not investigated any further than this.

Comment

• What were the minumum number of changes you did to casue this error?

I've located one long value (or more likely two integers) in a place where they definately shall not be (I'm 99% sure that they are what casues the error).

If my tool somehow placed those values in the wrong offset I need to find out on what ocation to be able to correct it without it taking too long time.

Comment

• Yes, I managed to load the file if I ignored tat value. But I can't understand where it comes from. Nothing in the save routine shall be able to insert a value in that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiliconJon
                        Hya.

I had this problem once too.

I didn't know it was neither gramphos did, so I reinstalled Civ3MultiTool... then I played the game a few more turns and saved it on a new file. Then I edited and saved on another new file. Then loaded in game and it worked.

Just like that.
                        Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• So any word on the corrupt saves Gramphos? I've been getting it now too. In fact, now I can't even save at all. The apps crashes as soon as I try and save :/

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Any suggestions?

- Z

Comment

• I'll probalby not be able to solve it before the next version gets out. However, I'm adding an extended session logging system which will help you giving more detailed reports if the tool crashes. Right now it's integrated with the save and bic loading and some critical parts of the SGE as well as the language handling. These are areas know to produse errors, so I hope to find out why some of them are generated.

I've also made the tool abort lodaing of corrupt saves, but there are still potensial issues with them.

The fact that they only appear at some occations makes it very hard for me to figure when the saves corrupt.

If someone could give me all the files I need and exact instructions (with as little changes as possible) on how to make a file corrupt I might be able to find out why it happens and then amy be able to solve it. It may however be an OS specific error which would make it harder for me to find as the number of OSes I can test the tool with myself is very limited. It would probably have to wait until Christmas in that case.

Comment

• I've just realized that I must have done something wrong while transfering the latest files to my new computer (or sometime long before that ) But it seems as if the code I'm 99% sure I've written to make Culture values for cities get updated in PTW wile you are editine a city seems to have vanished from my project...

I'm not sure when I saw it last, but I did realize that the tool didn't load the cities from PTW saves as intended due to this. I'll try to recreate the code, nut just out of curiosity: Does anyone remember if that featuer ever worked, or if I lost the code in an early state of the development due to a crash (I hope that's the case as than no other code will be missing. If I instead have migrated old code into the project it will mean that other parts might be problematic as well, and I'll have mush debugginmg before I can get the next version out.)

I can currently think of one incitent where one of my files furned corrupt, but I think I managed to retore it tho the exact same level, but maybe not.

Comment

• Seems as if I've made the code the way it is, but I can't undrrstand why I have no support for that part of PTW saves...

I guess I should have written more comments. It seems to have been the same way since march this year (or the file I've worked on is a restored backup based on march since a half file loss... I'm not sure what yet. I should probably just take a look at the save files again, but then I need to get Civ3 up and running smothly, and I had been putting that problem on the shelf until Conquests gets out...)

Comment

Working...
                                X