Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The c3mt.log file is just a plain text file which can be read by notepad. However, your logfile contains nothing on the subscript out of range bug you are currently experiencing. I'll add more debug code in upcoming versions, andther are more error handling already in v1.03 which I'm not going to delay any further. I'll post it tonight on Apolyton only. (It's to late for me to post it anywhere else)

If I don't find this error during the wekend I'll post this version on other places as well, otherwise I might make 1.03.0001 to correct this issue.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• That same error happened to me not to long ago. I had to re-setup civ3mt. I think I might of deleted a file while cleaning my folders that or I might of moved something??? I never figured it out. After removing your program, I set it up and it's worked ever since.
      Go BIG or go home.

Comment

- Splashscreen fixed to not resize if the fontsize setting in Windows is changed.
        - CDDEDT: Corrected file not found error on load when either civilization3.ini or ptw.ini isn't present while PTW is installed.
        - CDDEDT: CDD version changed to 2
        - CDDEDT: Added contact info to CDD files
        - CDDEDT: Added refuse contact for X turns to CDD files
        - CDDEDT: Added war weariness to CDD files
        - SGE: Added war weariness to diplomacy tab
        - SGE: Added refuse contact time to diplomacy tab
        - UCW: Adjusted to work correctly with other than Small Fonts in Windows
        - MPCNV: Adjusted to work correctly with other than Small Fonts in Windows
        - Added some more errorhandling and logging. (still more to do)

Ready for download at first post.

(CDT is also updated in it's thread).

Comment

• new patch didn't help my problem, but after the "subsprit..." part, I get a "can't log" thing after it now
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• What is your Windows version?

Comment

• ME
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• UPDATE: Forget about the problem, just reinstall everything (in civ3) exincluing the new patch, and everythings working now! I found out that C3MT didn't like it when you changed the units_32.pcx file.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

• What did you do with the units_32.pcx file? (C3MT will try to load that file)

Comment

• Hmmmmmm For some reason I cannot add money to a savegame?????

I am using WinXP Pro with Civ3 PTW.

I also have the recent files from this thread.

Oh well. I guess I will have to earn my way up :-).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                      What did you do with the units_32.pcx file? (C3MT will try to load that file)
                      added 3 icons

Comment

• Hya.

Do you know anything about Civilizarion 4 or it is just a rumor?
                        Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Uh, and, Gramphos, I forgot to thank you for the new version of MultiTool... it's working ok here... still, I'm always looking for bugs

See ya.
                          Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConradB
                            Hmmmmmm For some reason I cannot add money to a savegame?????

I am using WinXP Pro with Civ3 PTW.

I also have the recent files from this thread.

Oh well. I guess I will have to earn my way up :-).
                            What happens when you try to do it?

Comment

• Problems with Multiplayer saves

OS Version and language = Windows 2000 Professional / English
                              C3MT Version and language = 1.03 (latest) / English
                              Civ3 Version and language = Civ3 1.29f
                              PTW Version and language = PTW 1.21f UK version / English
                              A description of the bug = saves crashes PTW on startup : itloads until 34% and then Civ3 crashes with no message.
                              I get directly the Microsoft screen asking if I want to send a report about the Civ3.exe crash.

What you tried to do, and any error messages displayed :
                              Ok this is where it is weird, it works with some saves but not others. I can not pinpoint the difference between the saves...
                              I sent you an example of each save.
                              All these saves are PBEM and SGE requires an admin password to open them. I have provided those.

Another issue occurs as well but we can tackle it later :
                              Sometimes the game just can not load at all and SGE crashes, I have also sent you some examples.
                              I have tried multiple combinations and can not understand why sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I have emailed you all the relevant information (hope I have nto forgotten anything )

THANKS A LOT FOR ANY HELP you can bring

Comment

• I might have some problems investigating bugs right now due to real life issues. I'm moving, and starting on a university next week, which means that I'll have a lot more to do than I've had recently.

I'll try to look into it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X