Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I Am Jeff
    Yes it is exported, that is why it has puzzled me . . .
    Did you change it in any way? I think the search folders are stored in aonther placer in the saves than they are in the BIX, and that area is not updated.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Bug in V1.02

I am running:
      Windows XP w/SP1, Civ3:PTW v.1.21f, and using C3MT V1.02.
      When I open a savegame and try to save, regardless of whether or not I actually change anything, the program crashes and windows informs me the application crashed with 'msvbvm50.dll'. Find attached a copy of one particular savegame.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Bug in V1.02

Originally posted by psymon
        I am running:
        Windows XP w/SP1, Civ3:PTW v.1.21f, and using C3MT V1.02.
        When I open a savegame and try to save, regardless of whether or not I actually change anything, the program crashes and windows informs me the application crashed with 'msvbvm50.dll'. Find attached a copy of one particular savegame.
        Could you check your version number of the msvbvm50.dll in your System32 directory (or try to install the full version) Shall be at least: 5.2.82.44 (05.02.8244 (SP2))

I've no problems at all with your save on my winXP and the complied (the one released yesterday) version of the tool. It might be that your runtimes are old.

Comment

• After your first reply, I went in and checked it and it was the same.

Did you change it in any way? I think the search folders are stored in aonther placer in the saves than they are in the BIX, and that area is not updated.
          I then tested and chanced the folder name(of the scenario) and the location in the bix to the same thing and the same problem occured. You must be right then about that the location is stored somewhere else in the save.

Comment

• How big is the mod you are using? Would it be possible to email me the files needed to load the unedited file, the unedited file and the edited file?

Comment

• Re: Re: Bug in V1.02

Originally posted by Gramphos

Could you check your version number of the msvbvm50.dll in your System32 directory (or try to install the full version) Shall be at least: 5.2.82.44 (05.02.8244 (SP2))

I've no problems at all with your save on my winXP and the complied (the one released yesterday) version of the tool. It might be that your runtimes are old.
              I do infact have that very same version as you stated 5.2.82.44. Note that I originally installed the full version and upgraded to 1.01 first then 1.02.
              1.01 worked fine (other than the no researches bug)

Comment

• So you would want the save file and the extracted bix (with the changes)? I could also send the save after I imported the bix.

I do not think I could send the whole mod (with images), because it is way too big. It is the balancer mod with a few personal preferance changes.

Comment

• I can take the files you can send. The balancer will not be a problem to test it with.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Bug in V1.02

Originally posted by psymon

I do infact have that very same version as you stated 5.2.82.44. Note that I originally installed the full version and upgraded to 1.01 first then 1.02.
                    1.01 worked fine (other than the no researches bug)
                    Can you send me one of the saves that makes the tool to crash?

Comment

• polish textfile for 1.02

and i have a question: is it possible to export specified unit(s) and civ(s) into ONE, SINGLE MOD file??? i tried this few times and c3mt always hangs.
                      in the CopyTool i load a BIC file. click Export and select ONE unit and ONE civ to export. when i type a name of a MOD-file and click "save" it crashes... it creates good MOD-file but ONLY with civs i've selected...what's wrong???

Wind98PL; Civ3:1.29fUS; PTW:1.21fUS; C3MT:1.02-every langversion

(CG)Mendax
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mendax; August 6, 2003, 15:28.
                      Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendax
                        and i have a question: is it possible to export specified unit(s) and civ(s) into ONE, SINGLE MOD file??? i tried this few times and c3mt always hangs.
                        in the CopyTool i load a BIC file. click Export and select ONE unit and ONE civ to export. when i type a name of a MOD-file and click "save" it crashes... it creates good MOD-file but ONLY with civs i've selected...what's wrong???
                        Let me think. You are onto a part of the tool which I've not done mush to since the early times of this tool. I will make a check on how it works, but I can't give a timeline for it. It's definately not top priority

Comment

• I've made a quick check, and import/export of both civs and units seems to work.

Howver, I'm currently working with CDT 1.01 to correct some bugs and add some features, and once that is doen I'll have time to look more closely into the export/import.

Comment

• Hi, I what a bug (I think....) I have the new patch, for PtW, and when I goto the Unit maker, I get a "subscript out of range", why is that? Thanks for you time!
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by 123john321
                              Hi, I what a bug (I think....) I have the new patch, for PtW, and when I goto the Unit maker, I get a "subscript out of range", why is that? Thanks for you time!
                              hi ,

did you use the right patch , ....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• yes, the one for the us verison (which I have)

EDIT: Opps, your taking about the civ3mt, yes, I do have it
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X