Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you having problems with city placement editing (or map editing for the matter):

The next version of the tool will update the Cities/Continent count, and I hope to make it so that importing a map with another number of continents and water areas shall work (But there might be more to it than that).
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• have you actually managed to find, why -if you move a unit with the editor- you'll always see all movements done in that area. even if the moved unit wasn't one of you own.

something similar happens with the powerbar from CFC. you always see an "in viewing range" shadow instead of the FoW.
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• The area you move it from, or the area you move it to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
          I want a file with the CLNY error. I've not been able to reproduce it myself, and the current version seems to be working just fine with the EU varsion of 1.21f
          hi ,

Gramphos , with what language , ........

French , German , English , English & French , Italian and Spanish are on panag's desk , ......

the most errors are for now with the french & english version and the french , the german seems to be fine for now

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• English

Comment

• I think I can produce the CLNY error. I will try later tonight.

Comment

• Here is the zip file with the savegames.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Powercell, your files are Civ3 1.29f, right?

They might help solving the problem, but saves from PTW would also help.

Comment

• Oh, and note that the less changes you make to reproduce the error the better. Right now there are so many changes to check...

Comment

• I've located a possible corrupted area in the ae file. Will try to correct it manually.

Comment

• I now have a theory to decribe the error.

This is an error that occurs when there are more than one colony in a save. I've not been able to reproduce it as it's an OS dependent bug. If my theory is correct it will only appear on Windows 95,98 and Me. (not on NT4, 2000 or XP) (Can anyone prove me wrong?)

The problem is that a long value is stored as an integer on a 16-bit based OS.

Comment

• After further investigation of the issue I've mannaged to solve the problem. However there is still a few things to do before I can release a new version.

On a sidenote can be named that a similar IO error VLOC can occur in PTW if you edit a game with victory locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                            The area you move it from, or the area you move it to?
                            the area i moved it FROM

in the powerbar, the tile you move it TO. and just that one... but you don't see any unit movements there.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf

the area i moved it FROM

in the powerbar, the tile you move it TO. and just that one... but you don't see any unit movements there.
                              I think I have a possible solution for this with the next version.

Comment

• cool...

damn, you really are good. i remember when i hex edited civ1 and other TBS games, but i usually only managed to find out the obvious stuff (unit strenghts, movement, production costs, etc.) but an editor which can deal with all the different formats, all the cross references, all those hidden tile and unit counters...

gramphos... you really are good. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X