Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I got this "file not found" bug and "not a Civ3 file", "not a recognized format", unknown scenario version"....

Nevetheless, I can make any changes I want and save.... then I load the save in-game and no changes had taken place... can you figure that out?
    Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Hya.

I just installed v1-00-0001 and it keeps returning me "not a civ3 filve", "not a recognized format" and "unknown scenario version"... but this last message keeps showing over and over 'till I get enough of it and ctrl+alt+del it!!!

Can you dig it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur
        Hya.

I just installed v1-00-0001 and it keeps returning me "not a civ3 filve", "not a recognized format" and "unknown scenario version"... but this last message keeps showing over and over 'till I get enough of it and ctrl+alt+del it!!!

Can you dig it?
        Can you supply a file?

I think the message is pretty clear.

Something with your file version is not handled
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• @gramphos : Ermm, the first game was corrupted by the 1.00 version, thus I was happy with a 1001 version !!

SO i loaded a quicksave which held the savegame -1 turn from the corrupted save.....
          Thus this savegame I saved on another name, loaded it in c3mt newest, changed a few minor things, like making a trooper elite instead of regular.

I saved, loaded up civ3, and was confronted with the same error message..... ?! :S
          So I had a good save, which was still being corrupted by the new version , sorry dude !

Only wanting to help....

greets

Comment

• Can you send me both the good and the bad save?

Comment

• okay !

Ermm I'm at work now, where duh ! i dont have civ3, but tonight I'll attach the good and bad files !

And ermm thanks again for looking at this with such enthousiasm !

Greets

Comment

• It's a lot easier with files, as I then can see the corruption, and from the sight of it determine where in the save (or load) routine the problem is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Can you supply a file?

I think the message is pretty clear.

Something with your file version is not handled
                  Ahm, you told me before that you would work on this problem... make it work with outdated files...

Anyways, thankz.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur

Ahm, you told me before that you would work on this problem... make it work with outdated files...

Anyways, thankz.
                    But the outdated files you sent me didn't have any colonies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

But the outdated files you sent me didn't have any colonies.
                      Neither the new ones... at least I didn't get to see any.

What to do now? Do you know if there is a way for me make MultiTool work?

I'm kinda stuck here...

Comment

• Ahm, and I'm playing Rise Of Nations too... would you happen to have any utilities for this game too?

See ya.

Comment

• Hya.

Well, I'm posting here my save with that unrecognized file format...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• @gramphos :

Ermm sorry for the late reaction, but Ive found out something which baffles me !
                            A good save is about 1+ meg, but the corrupted save is over 15 megs !!!!!!!!!

So obviously i cant attach that ! Sorry, hope it still helps you !

Greets

Comment

• Originally posted by Seesjuh
                              @gramphos :

Ermm sorry for the late reaction, but Ive found out something which baffles me !
                              A good save is about 1+ meg, but the corrupted save is over 15 megs !!!!!!!!!

So obviously i cant attach that ! Sorry, hope it still helps you !

Greets
                              Zip them together and email them to gramphos@apolyton.net

Comment

• I got the tool a few days ago (v1.0). Used it twice for my 1.29f version (GOTY) of the game. I am very please with it. Cool tool.

But, now it doesn't work anymore. From the 3rd time and on, I have never had a successful loading an edited savegame. I always get the error message while the savegame is loading "DataIO Error: DataIO operation System Error: PAVL" (I'm using Windows 98 FE)

I got the error even if I don't make any change to the file. Open the savegame with the editor, don't change anything, save it. Still, got the error message.

I use the editor to open a couple of edited savegames just to see the data again and there is one thing that was wrong (even when I did not make any change to the file). In the "General tab" where it show the game year and game settings, instead of the numbers:

"Year [1120] 247" "First turn: [-4000]" "Last turn: [2050]" "540 turns",

I got numbers 9-10 digits long. It shows:

"Year [134419625] 247" "First turn: [13414335]" "Last turn: [1095761920]" "961342075 turns"

This is a savegame that was edited before. I roll back the year (2034 to 900) and change all of my Legionaries to Marines and add a few city improvement.

If you want to take a look, I can supply both savegames (unedited and edited) along with a screenshot of the funny numbers I mentioned above.

Anyway, I am quite happy with my current edited game (from the first two times using the editor). I rolled back the game year from 2034 AD to 900 AD (still have about 200 turns to go from the current year, 1120 AD) . I have a bunch of elite units, some fully upgraded cities (with population of 1 or 2 ) and I reached the Future Tech for the first time ever.

Edited for the exact error message.
                                Last edited by Powercell; June 4, 2003, 04:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X