Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gramphos, if you want to have a translation into spanish, I'd be happy to do that.
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

• hi there,

First time i posted here, but I just downloaded version 1.0 and ermm well, i screwed up my savegame , i know i know, my fault, make a backup, but i didnt .

Ermm during loading the save it said it could not read a variable properly.

OW and ermm whilst loading savegame modifier it gives me a popup with : file not found ?!?! first version that does this !

But anyone know what to do about the error ?

Greets

BTW, have and still am enjoying ur program gramphos

Comment

• Originally posted by Seesjuh
        hi there,

First time i posted here, but I just downloaded version 1.0 and ermm well, i screwed up my savegame , i know i know, my fault, make a backup, but i didnt .

Ermm during loading the save it said it could not read a variable properly.

OW and ermm whilst loading savegame modifier it gives me a popup with : file not found ?!?! first version that does this !

But anyone know what to do about the error ?

Greets

BTW, have and still am enjoying ur program gramphos
        What is your gameversion?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I might have a theory if you still have Vanilla Civ3. i'll go check my source code. Might be a glitch with the determine what game run last Civ3/PTW functionallity...

Comment

• There should be no problem with that one... Have you had PTW installed and uninstalled it?

Comment

• error in diplomacy editor:

"Unknown section: after TILE"

it happens, when i load the PTW-mod "Apshai Ancient.bix" (i won't attach it because PTW-scenarios are probably copyrighted.

my setup:
              PTW: patch 1.21f

probably this error comes from the fact, that this BIX-file is only a map or because it has victory locations.
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• It's once again BIX version 11.10 that is playing ghost. You might try to load the mod to the editor and resave it (At least unitl I can get a version out that supports that scenarioversion. (Hey, I can't load all PTW scenarios to test right? ))

Comment

• Do you know any 11.10 game that starts with units on the map?

Comment

• I have a fix ready for this now. I'll jut wait and see if I can locate the problem Seesjuh has before recompliing.

As your save corrumted I can't ask you for the original one, but do you remember the exact text of the error message?

Comment

• Oh, and regarding the 11.10 problem it was a glitch from my side. I lowered the minimum supported BIX version to 11.10 when I made 11.10 rules readable, but I didn'ät thought of updating the mapreading. (even thou it's most likely identical to 11.18 it will try to read it as 4.01 (Civ3 1.29f) due to that it's less than 11.18)

Comment

• hi Gramphos,

Thanks for looking at my prob so quick

But ermm it said : Data operation IO error, reading CLNY

Its a map i made myself, extra large.
                        No further changes to standard game, and its PTW patched to 1.21f

hope this helps you !

And thanks again !

Greets

Comment

• Could you send me a save with the error or attach one?

Comment

• Small fixes ready. If you don't have problem with any of the following is it no need to update.

- Bug with loading of BIX version 11.10 with maps corrected.
                            - SGE: "File Not found" error on SGE load where Civilization3.ini is missing while ptw is installed (i.e never run Civ3 but have run PTW) corrected.

Comment

• How do you install the patch v1.00.0001?

Do you just unzip all the files into the C3MT directory?

There's a c3mt.dll that is not in the C3MT directory, but it is included in the patch. Where does it go?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
                                How do you install the patch v1.00.0001?

Do you just unzip all the files into the C3MT directory?

There's a c3mt.dll that is not in the C3MT directory, but it is included in the patch. Where does it go?

Thanks.
                                It's the same as in the full version. You may replace it in toyr system directory. But if you place it in the C3MT directory it will be done automaticly next time you run C3MT. However, I maybe should drop the dll from the patch, and just have it with the full install in the future...

Comment

Working...
                                X