Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, C++ kicks ass!!!

That stuff 'bout the worker/settler is good.

And... I tryed editing a file without the Victory Location and it worked fine...... for the 2 first tests... 'Twas kinda funny.

1- The first time I opened the save on SGE it returned me the "subscript out of rage" error. Bu then I continued the tests. Added stuff to my capital city (the only one I had) and saved.

2- Then I loaded the save in-game and... it told me that the save couldn't be loaded... but it DID LOAD... that's strange!!! Then I played a few turns and saved.

3- Went to SGE, opened the file, it returned the message ("subscript out of range"), edited another city I built. Did the same changes again to the new city and saved.

4- Then I went to PTW loaded the game (with that same error on [2]), played and saved.

5- Opened the save on SGE but it didn't return me the message. I edited the file and saved.

6- went to PTW and tryed to load the save. Then PTW crashed.
    Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• So do you have any error saves from a non VL game?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Oh, and BTW. I've verifyied the values for being AI-strat counters. they will be updated in the same way as all other newly found counters for the next version. This also mede me get my eyes on an army counter so, from now the armycount will update as you add/remove armies with C3MT.

It also helped to explain the only length changes within (not at the end of) the player headers from Civ3 to PTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
          So do you have any error saves from a non VL game?
          Sim, eu tenho!! Yes, I do!!

And here they are.

Boy, am I giving you trouble!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hey, Gramphos, what about addind some keyboard shorcuts?

I mean, CTRL+L and CTRL+S really save us some clicks.

Ahm, and what about showing the name of the file on that upper bar on SGE? It rockz!

K, see ya.

Comment

• Now, SGE is giving this message when I load a save game: "Out Of Memory"...

And I came up with these facts: whenever you try to load a save in-game and it crashes on 51% the game crashes and closes. Whenever the loading process crashes on 53%, it gives the message that it cannot be loaded but it loads. Also, it gives a message about some "TUTR' error... do you know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur
                Hey, Gramphos, what about addind some keyboard shorcuts?

I mean, CTRL+L and CTRL+S really save us some clicks.

Ahm, and what about showing the name of the file on that upper bar on SGE? It rockz!

K, see ya.
                I added them to the new tool member I'm working on I see no reson to mess with old stuff

(Oh well, in VB is add in one shortcut just to select it in a drop down list I think I can do that.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur
                  Now, SGE is giving this message when I load a save game: "Out Of Memory"...

And I came up with these facts: whenever you try to load a save in-game and it crashes on 51% the game crashes and closes. Whenever the loading process crashes on 53%, it gives the message that it cannot be loaded but it loads. Also, it gives a message about some "TUTR' error... do you know that?
                  How mush memory do you have?

I would really like the save that gave you this message.

Comment

• Hya.

Well, I have plenty of memory...

I thought it was just some lil' bug. I tryed to load the save in-game and it worked. Then I played a few turns and tryed to load it on SGE... then it didn't return the "out of memory" error. I edited the save and tryed to load it in-game but the game crashed (51%).

I'm almost giving up.

Comment

• oh, and I upgraded my Play The World to v1.21f

Comment

• Give me some time. I've loads of stuff other than working on this utility to do right now, and within a week.

You could give up and try again with the next version. it doesn't seem as if you will get anywhere anyway. Do you know if it gets corrupt if you just load and save the game without editing anything?

Comment

• I don't know... I'll doing this load and save without editing then...

Well, gramphos, thanks again.

Gonna give you some rest now

Comment

• Yes, just to load and save it on SGE the file gets corrupted...

Now I'll wait for the next version of MultiTool... let's see what happens!

Anyways, thanks for your efforts!

Comment

• Could you post that before and after?

I need to see if any of my changes has already fixed this or if it is still an issue to deal with.

(I think I've solved the Victory Point bug) (It's only on Capture the Princess and Victory Vocations victory points are counter right?)

Another somewhat offtopic question: Can you download/see attachments from this forum?

Comment

• I can see and download, why?

Comment

Working...
                                X