Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, and here a request. please tell me if it's possible.

i'd like to write my own pcx2bic converter, but havn't got the knowledge and time for dealing with the whole bic/bix-file.

could you make an import/export tool, that only imports/exports the map definition part of a bic file (WMAP) from/into a scenario? best even, if the CONT-section was updated from that

i presume you havn't either got the time and nerves for this, but if you do, it would be great
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• These is a list of fixes and changes to current tools that will be in the next version.

- SGE: Default loading directory now is the latest played game Civ3/PTW save directory
      - SGE: Great Wonders are now handled correctly when assiging them to cities
      - SGE: Bug where the buildinglist would show more than one copy of each building corrected.
      - SGE: Bug where all last buildings in the rules would get unbuilt when a save was loaded and resaved corrected.
      - SGE: Building count is now updated correctly when editing saves
      - SGE: Unit count is now updated correctly when editing saves
      - SGE: Small Wonders are now handled correctly when assiging them to cities
      - SGE: Changing the Unit coordinates from odd-odd to even-even and vice verse now works as for cities
      - SGE: Bug where the tool crashed when changing tab with invalid coordinates entered corrected.
      - SGE: Typo in invalid coordinates popup message corrected
      - Map converter: The welcome message now names the tool correctly
      - SGE: Bug that made citizens unmoveable corrected.

Now one of the bigger problems is if I shall release version 1.00 or 0.99.xx
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
        well... yes, but i havn't tested this in a new version of SGE

if you gave a civ all required advances of a certain age, then loaded that edited game, the civ was still in the older era. iirc, i couldn't chose a tech of the newer era... but maybe i'm wrong - it was a long time ago.
        i presume there's a calculation after every research which checks if you've got all required ones. if so, it sets the era counter up...
        There is a field named Era on the Civilizations' tab. Try changing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
          oh, and here a request. please tell me if it's possible.

i'd like to write my own pcx2bic converter, but havn't got the knowledge and time for dealing with the whole bic/bix-file.

could you make an import/export tool, that only imports/exports the map definition part of a bic file (WMAP) from/into a scenario? best even, if the CONT-section was updated from that

i presume you havn't either got the time and nerves for this, but if you do, it would be great
          As it stands now you will probably won't see this one in a while. And you need the TILEs as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Now one of the bigger problems is if I shall release version 1.00 or 0.99.xx
            *lol*
            if you are comfortable with this version, but aren't sure if all bugs are out, how about

version 1.00@ (alpha)
            version 1.00 RC1
            version 1.00 RC1 codename "whiskey"

or how about a version jump?

C3MT 2003
            next major update is SP1
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• The thing is that I would want to have research one more area of the saves before getting to version 1, and of cource I'd want to make UCW support the PTW pediaicon syntax.

Comment

• ..subject here...

So... version 0.99.xx it is!!!

hahahaha, great version problem! LOL.

Ahm, and I have now the saves with a lotta work for you to do!
                Attached Files
                Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Why did you ace it?

Comment

• You have some problems with your histograph data.

Do you have a totally unalerted save?

What are the three saves I recived? Which saves are alerted? Which crash?

Comment

• It seems as if the victory locastions has caused this problem. I've never confrontad a save using them before...

What is your PTW version?

Comment

• And while I'm at it do you have any late game VL-games for 1.14f saved somewhere. (I can take another version as well, but 1.14f is best )

Comment

• Answering everything

Well, I aced it because I wrote a lil' batch file to ace and zip any files I want. It's a little procedure I made a long ago to make things faster.

Sorry I forgot to tell you what are the bad files. The only functional is the one without "ALT" in the begining of its name.

Thankyou for finding the error! I'll try NOW to make and edit saves without those stuff of PTW.

My version of PTW is 1.04f !!!! Old, isn's it? It's just that my game isn't as legal as it can be. I'm sorry, but it's the way things are in here. We don't think they charge a price fair enough for the games. It should be cheaper.

If I forgot to tell anything, I'll do so later.

See ya and thankz again.

Comment

• The three saves you received are the ones that follow those 6 steps I posted before.

The totally unalterted save is the one w/o the "ALT" in the begining of its name.

And, sorry to disapoint you again, but I don't have any other Victory Location Game (I suppose this is what "vl-game" stands for) nor I have any v1.14f save.

Anyways, I'll to patch my PTW and make it run.

By the way, what language do you use to write your MuliTool? I've been studying linux and learned a few things to make your editor work on multiplayer games. But, must be raw C.

Comment

• C3MT is written in Visual Basic with some support from C++ and Windows API. I once had a drew to convert it to C++, but it's too mush work involved.

Small command line tools (as CPT and the new one (probably) to be released at the same time as the next version of C3MT) are written in C++.

Comment

• I just found some other things to improve the stability of edits. However I still need to investigate it a little.

It seems as if there are counters for the number of units with a specific strategy owned and under construction. A result of these not being changed by C3MT as of now is that the governors and the AI might get confused from unit edits.

I'll still have to veryfy this teory, but I'm quite sure that I've misstaken two of these values for bing a worker/settler counter in earlier version (terraform/settle strategy)

Comment

Working...
                                X