Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for an update I'm making progress in the development of the new feature, and I've decided to stop research for a while to catch up with my results.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Ok, now I have a lil' question: why does my SGE return me this message "subscription out of range" when I try to edi tsome PTW saves?

Thanks anyways. q: -))
      Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Oh, and I forgot to tell this.

Even with that "subscription out of range" error, I can still edit and save the PTW save.

The **** happens when I try to load it on the game. When it's loading it crashes at 53%.

Now... isn't that odd?

Comment

• Does Civ3 give any error message?

Are you using a correct language file?

Comment

• Yes, but it's not civ3, it's Play The World. The game just crashes and gives the "illegal operation and must be closed" error.

And I'm using the english version (that with 0.9.1).

This is exact what happens:
            1- I open a save on SGE.
            2- Make my changes (actually I just add things to my city)
            3- I go to the game and play, then save the game again.
            4- I try to open the save on SGE and it returns the "subscript out of range" error, but then it opens the save file.
            5- I make my changes (the same as above) and save.
            6- I try to load the save in-game and it crashes on 51%

Really, I tryied tons of solutions, like saving different files for each change I make, but some bug from the darkness keeps annoying me.

Can you dig it??

Comment

• Do you have saves from all steps?

Comment

• Oh, and for your info I'll most likelöy not release any new version before the current additons arr fully added. Which means that the next version will come with a new tab in the SGE, and most likely a new tool member (however: I'm not 100% sure on that one yet... Depends on how testing goes).

Comment

• i think i mentioned something like this somewhere in the beginning of this 3rd thread. but still, just as reminder: when you add a unit that you didn't have at the point before saving (e.g. i build a tank in ancient ages. or i create an obsolete UU to trigger GA), then the unit doesn't appear in the military advisor.

i think you reckonned there was some kind of counter or at least a flag. somewhere...
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• oh, and something more: are you sure the reload counter (beneath the histograph) works correctly? usually just 1, but sometimes it counts 2 and i have the suspicion it counts more a few times (i did frequent checks and had 13 on the counter allthough i counted something around 6 reloads..)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                      Do you have saves from all steps?
                      Not now. I was so pissed I deleted them.

But I can make new ones as it happens everytime I try to edit them.

Anyways, thanks already for you efforts!

Ah! And what are the new features for SGE you mentioned?

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                        oh, and something more: are you sure the reload counter (beneath the histograph) works correctly? usually just 1, but sometimes it counts 2 and i have the suspicion it counts more a few times (i did frequent checks and had 13 on the counter allthough i counted something around 6 reloads..)
                        No...
                        I'm not sure exactly what it really is for. However. It increases by the number of reloads. And I've not had time to investigate it a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                          i think i mentioned something like this somewhere in the beginning of this 3rd thread. but still, just as reminder: when you add a unit that you didn't have at the point before saving (e.g. i build a tank in ancient ages. or i create an obsolete UU to trigger GA), then the unit doesn't appear in the military advisor.

i think you reckonned there was some kind of counter or at least a flag. somewhere...
                          This is one of the improvements that will be fixed with the next version. (I've finally taken time to see what parts of the player specific areas of the saves that varies in length depending on number of buildings and number of units)

The result of that is that I have one unknown integer array for both buildings and units, and one array with the current count and one with the current number in construction.

Do you know anything else the game would like o keep track on?

Comment

• Oh, and did I tell you that that research also will make it possible to add/move/unbuild/make destroyes GWs and SWs in a correct way. I still haven't located any SS info. And as they don't are real city improvements I think about removing them from the build list. But haven't made any desicion yet.

Comment

• well... yes, but i havn't tested this in a new version of SGE

if you gave a civ all required advances of a certain age, then loaded that edited game, the civ was still in the older era. iirc, i couldn't chose a tech of the newer era... but maybe i'm wrong - it was a long time ago.
                              i presume there's a calculation after every research which checks if you've got all required ones. if so, it sets the era counter up...

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur
                                But I can make new ones as it happens everytime I try to edit them.
                                If you want me to try to fix it then you should do that. I've not been able to recreate your error.

Ah! And what are the new features for SGE you mentioned?

If I tell you it won't be as big surprise, but I can tell you that it is a wanted feature, and that the project of making it probably will include making a new small standalone tool based on CPT. (But with another functionality (oh well, I admit it, at the current state the CPF- functionallity is still in the new tool but I've hidden it))

The next version should be sent to the translators and testers soon, and when I do I might post some screenshots.

Comment

Working...
                                X