Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gramphos
    Was it the exaxt same city you gave back of just any city?

Could you test if it works with just any city or if it must be the city?
    Originally I gave back a different city, then destroyed it, and it didnt finish them off.

Later after reading posts here I remembered changing a specific city to "belong to" France, and after changing that specific city back to Germany, I was able to take the city with my army and Germany was defeated.

I noticed both times, with both cities, the star icon did not appear next to the city, and in SGE, neither city had a palace.

So maybe instead of a count, there is a list of which specific cities belong to which civ? Just a guess of course, Ive no idea whats inside the SAV files =)

Hope this helps.

Comment

• The star icon not appearing just means that they have no capital. (And that gives them great benefits if they have many cities. They will never have any corruption in any cities with that)
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Are you using version 0.99.1?
        Yeah I'm using 0.99.1. If it heps the save mucks up at 57% loaded

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
          The star icon not appearing just means that they have no capital. (And that gives them great benefits if they have many cities. They will never have any corruption in any cities with that)
          ... Wait a minute (interjected the humble modder) -- NOT having a PALACE is a GOOD thing???

-Oz
          ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozymandias

... Wait a minute (interjected the humble modder) -- NOT having a PALACE is a GOOD thing???

-Oz
            Yes. at least it was pre PTW, and I don't think the changed the code for corruption.

I'm not sure about the chances af cultural conversions thou, but if the distance to capital becomes zero for it too then it's a very good thing. (But my tool doesn't allow removal of the palace So you can't test )

(Okay, you could test if it was possible to get rid of the ceter of empire flag from the palace and see if it gave the same results.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SmegThis
              Yeah I'm using 0.99.1. If it heps the save mucks up at 57% loaded
              Is there anyone else with this problem?

Is it in all your saves or just some.

Comment

• Just thought. I'm using the 1.29f safedisk version. Will it be this?

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf

well, think of large cities with great public transport (like, london, NYC, paris). the too have pollution.... but not as bad as delhi, mexico city, LA, lagos, etc.

as panag said, you can turn the flag on for different things

if you don't like the pollution at all and want to turn it off, go in the editor and remove pollution productivity of all factories and power stations. then, give all buildings you anyway build first (temples, marketplaces, etc.). also, go to the terrain menu and make sure that with the "pollution effect" pulldown is set to "none". you may still get a dirty spot from time to time, but at least it's strongly reduced and your terrain won't change.

unfortunatly, there's no possiblity to force the AI to clean up his mess immediatly ("clean up you pollution or the whole world will embargo you" ... is an often heard request for diplomaticy)

hi ,

people , if you dont like the terrain change thanks to the pollution , just set the terrain value back to its original true the editor , .... (!)

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmegThis
                    Just thought. I'm using the 1.29f safedisk version. Will it be this?
                    Only way to be sure is that you attach an unedited and a edited save for me to check at.

Comment

• Bug warning:
                      I've just discovered a very old bug with C3MT. In fact it has been there since the very first version that allowed city editing. THe bug is that the last building in the builddlist (in PTW commercial dock) always gets unset by C3MT on load. And then the unset status is saved. This will result in that all commercial docks disappear when you edit your saves. The bug will be corrected for the next version.

Comment

• Some info:

I'm working with stabilizing of the tool for the next version, and hope to get it more "safe" to work with. These works are a long time project, which mean that I maybe will release one version more before everything on my todo-list is done.

The things I try to find and solve:
                        Interface bugs
                        These bugs are 'put' there by me and some have been there for very long when I finds out about them (either from reports or by own experience)
                        Example:
                        Lists not being cleared before filled again (Some lists that got data from the rules (I'm not sure if I've nailed all of them yet)) They are found when you load a save for a second time and lists containing rules data (as unitnames buildings and other sush things) get double entries (and you mighty get subscript out of range when you select an item of the double entries)
                        Concrete example: (found it today): Buildings in city list

Save handling bugs
                        These are bugs where I read/write the data in an incorrect way,even thou I know the corrdect way. Mostly only one of the routines are wrong. I'm currently working on makeing the code more errorsafe by opening onedirection only pipes. (So that I don't write to the read file or read to the write file at misstake (yes that's one of the most common errors of this kind. None of those are in the current version as I find them pretty quickly during my own tests, but they does show up some time))
                        Another example is when I miss to read a value in one of the version cases (as with the bug in 0.99) or the bug I just warned for.

Overall save handling improvment
                        Probably the part I spend most time on...
                        Trying to find more values that change when something change. Values I've found, but not yet are handled are counts on buildings per civ level.
                        Also bot GWs and SWs have been located and the wonderediting will work in thenext version.

Most important: Report any bugs how small they even seem to be very small. A small bug can cause big problems sometimes.

Comment

• Bug report:

In the save game modifier (v 0.99.1) when I import a map the following happens to the selected city:

belongs to changes to Barbarian
                          the nationality of the first citizen (selected citizen?) changes to Barbarian
                          the building changes to palace

Also, if I start the program and load a save that I had previously modified, I get an out of memory error. The save will load in civ just fine.

I'm running civ version 1.29f.

Comment

• Ahm, what version of civ3 I must have to get SGE working?

And that bug that the save file crashes when it is on 57% I solved with lots of "undo" on SGE... the other solution I did was to load an auto-save that was close enough to the save I wanted, played the game (until the year I was on the other save) and saved again... It works fine.
                            Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• ok, when I loaded the map from my (ptw) save-game, I get the map, but get all these things!?

WHAT ARE THEY, AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM!!!
                              Attached Files
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by 123john321
                                ok, when I loaded the map from my (ptw) save-game, I get the map, but get all these things!?

WHAT ARE THEY, AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM!!!
                                They are Vibctory Point locations. And a result of a bug which should have been fixed with version 0.99.1

Comment

Working...
                                X