Appearance Ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appearance Ratios

How, exactly, do these work? I'm doing a 26 civ on a tiny map modern start mod, and I want about 8 aluminums to appear. Unfortunately I never get more than about 4. I've tried to mess with the appearance ratios but I don't know exactly how they work and they don't seem to have much of an effect.

Help, please.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Well I'm still a bit unsure of that as well, but it looks like if you have a number of 120, it means 1.2 resources per civ. It will then get rounded out if it's not an even number. There was a thread about this over at CivFanatics, where someone did an actual count that seems to confirm this.

Try using 30. With 26 civs, that should come out to 7.8 resources, which would probably round up to 8.

Comment

Yep, that is the conclusion the tests came to. The appearance ratio is a percentage.

I have also found that Lusury resources, if not given an appearance ratio, have an automatic 75% appearance ratio as a group. By that I mean that if you total up the combined number of luxury resources appearing on a map there will be roughly 3/4 the number of each luxury resource as there are total playable civs. I know that wasn't stated very clearly, let me try this.

If you are playing on a large map which is meant to be played with 12 civs there will be an average of 8 of each luxury item. Some will have more and some will appear less.
      Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
      or play regular Civ3 on one of my earth maps: 256x205; 180x180 Map; or 140x140.
      For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-el
        Yep, that is the conclusion the tests came to. The appearance ratio is a percentage.

I have also found that Lusury resources, if not given an appearance ratio, have an automatic 75% appearance ratio as a group. By that I mean that if you total up the combined number of luxury resources appearing on a map there will be roughly 3/4 the number of each luxury resource as there are total playable civs. I know that wasn't stated very clearly, let me try this.

If you are playing on a large map which is meant to be played with 12 civs there will be an average of 8 of each luxury item. Some will have more and some will appear less.
        I'm starting to wonder whether Luxuries actually pop up when they become depleted. I have a couple that have a very high disappearance ratio, 3 to be precise, and the max for appearance, and I never seem to get any new ones showing up. All I've ever seen them do is disappear. I have two strategic with the same ratio, but there's always new sources of those showing up.

Comment

Working...
        X