Is it possible to set alliances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to set alliances?

Hey, I just bought "Play the World", started the editor und tried to make a historical scenario.

I couldn't, because I didn't find an option how to set alliances and moods between certain civilizations.

Nor did I find a possibility to put people with different nationalities into a city.

Is it even possible?

Why would someone release something and EVEN DARE TO CALL it "scenario editor" IF IT ISN'T EVEN POSSIBLE TO MAKE A CRAPPY WW2-SCENARIO?

(At least it's not possible without having Germany unite with France, USA etc. at first thing when the scenario is started!)

Can there someone help me to see how to make this, or do I have to return the game to the shop, because it's pathetic crap that's not even worth a single buck?

It's not possible to edit diplomacy in the editor as of today.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Great.

REALLY GREAT.

Do you know about any plans to release a unseful scenario editor the next time?
      (Useful like - allowing to make scenarios?)

Comment

Firaxis never share the plans for patches as they don't know how mush funding they have, and how long time something takes to develop.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

This and scripting is the last part of the editor most people want.
          Though some also want some other features
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

And it should be possible to put people with different nationalities into ONE city.

That was very important for many historical scenarios - as it should be possible to set culture points in a city for another civ (not the civ it belongs to) for the case they conquer it
            (so f.e. there should be 'French' culture points in the city of Paris, although a WW2 scenario starts in 1941 when it's occupied by Germany for example).

If these options were not available, none of the advantages of Civ3 over Civ2 would be useable in scenarios!

Comment

Next expansion, when it, if it, comes out!!

Steps! Same as with Civ II!!

Amazes me how many people thought all of that was included in Civ II, when it was not, in the beginning!!

Takes time, and money!

Then, we can all take time to make those wonderful scenarios!!

Make some up anyway, the way it is now!!!

Lots of work!! Love needed!!!

Comment

It's just pathetic.

I'm so stupid buying that expansion pack without having known wich expansions they have made with the editor.

By the way, with Civ2's cheat mode, one was able to make up complete scenarios from the very beginning - without any expansion pack or even patch.

Comment

Re: Is it possible to set alliances?

Originally posted by Sim
                  I couldn't, because I didn't find an option how to set alliances and moods between certain civilizations.

Nor did I find a possibility to put people with different nationalities into a city.
                  I'm currently working on a WWI scenario. As alliances are as important in WWI as in WWII, I had the same question as you. The answer: try a hot seat game and play every player at the same time and you should be able to set alliances and declare war and perhaps even moods.

Originally posted by Sim
                  And it should be possible to put people with different nationalities into ONE city.
                  Adding citizens of other civs to your cities can be done by letting the civs produce workers in a hot seat game. Then you let all civs declare war to each other and let them capture anotherone's workers. The captured workers you can add to the cities of the civs.
                  Of courrse it is easier to do this first before you set the alliances etc.
                  Check this thread of WWI for more.

Aidun
                  "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                  Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Working...
                  X