How can I "Fix" the French

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I "Fix" the French

Those pink guys! many people love their Ind/Com traits but their UU sucks.

How can the french muskateer be modded so they don't suck but without unbalancing play or making later units redundant?

what do people think about making the muskateer 4/4/1 ?
    Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

If you're going to increase their attack by 2, you'll need to bump up the shield cost to compensate for the added power.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

4/4/1 is FINE.

Even with same cost of 60.

Just compare it to PtW Medivial Infantry: 4/2/1/cost 40
      Or to Samurai: 4/4/2/cost70

So 4/4/1/cost 60 is definetly NOT unbalancing.

Comment

You could always say they are "wheeled" to restrict their movements. Just something off the top of my head.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I'm with Player1. Medieval Infantry cost 40 shields, and are 4/2/1; so the Musketeer is even shortchanged at 4/4/1, because it costs 20 shields to get 2 extra defense. (Of course, its position on the upgrade chain probably makes up for that.)

Comment

It's the samurai argument that does it for me. It has the same defence as the muskateer but it's an older unit. Even boosting the muskateer to 4/4/1 and keeping the cost of 60 it seems that the Japanese get the better deal. They get all that +1 movement for only 10 gold more AND they get it earlier!

Comment

That's why in my MOD Musketmen and Musketter cost 50 shields instead of 60.

Comment

of course until civ3 has proper stack movement I'm still going to tend to want to build EXPENSIVE units...

I'd rather move round a few elite quality units than hordes of mediocre ones.

Comment

Now that the Sipahi exists, I think a 3/5/1 for 60 shields can be a good fix for the French : they have an extremely strong defense, and a tolerable offense if needed.
                  Of course, I'm with Player1 on this one, regular musketmen should be 50 shields (otherwise, the French UU would be way too strong)
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: How can I "Fix" the French

Originally posted by TacticalGrace
                    How do I fix the French ?
                    With a pair of scissors and somebody to hold them down...............

Comment

Working...
                    X