MOD: Scattered Spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: Scattered Spaceship

Starting in 2000 A.D with all techs researched, you can only win by building a spaceship but here's the catch. Each part is scattered around the world which means you have to have access to each space ship "resource" through your trade network, deals with other civs etc in order to build that part.

All the space ship parts look like Aluminium. Right-click on the tile to find out exactly which part it is.

Aluminium itself has been removed from the game.

One of the first things you should do is build The Apollo Program to enable the space race. It can be built in only one turn. Then the race is on to find all the spaceship part resources, control them, and build all the parts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; December 11, 2002, 03:15.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Interesting concept.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yes, well hopefully this spark off some ideas/innovations for other mod makers. As it is, you could make it more complicated by only allowing some parts built under a certain goverment type as well. Even more sophisticated, having the tech tree to research from the beginning, and discovering ship parts throughout the ages as you go.

In a way, this mod makes the game a bit like a treasure hunt or puzzle or somesuch. I think it could be very good for multiplayer. If you wanted to shorten the game, you could just cut down the number of spaceship parts required. It could become quite a frantic hunt and fight for the vital resources to win.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
      X