X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes when launching new game in PTW

Win XP
    Athlon 700
    Hercules Prophet SE (With latest Drivers)
    512 RAM
    7GB Free
    Play the World (UK Version)

I can play a quick game no problem but when i launch a new game the progress bar gets to 100% and I am booted back to windows.

I have tried starting it in compatibility mode, reduced the resolution and colour depth, lowered the hardware acceleration to minimum, installed the latest drivers from hercules for the graphics card and reinstalled Direct X.

Anyone else had a similar experience? Any ideas on what i can do next (short of a new graphics card i suspect).

Ta

Phil

Have you modded the game at all?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I hadn't modded the game but i managed to solve it last night. A complete uninstall and reinstall of play the world and civ III cured the problem.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by filcooper
        I hadn't modded the game but i managed to solve it last night. A complete uninstall and reinstall of play the world and civ III cured the problem.

Phil
        Unfortunately that seems to be a common solution to a number of problems that seem to come up with this game. I've had to do it once myself.

Comment

Working...
        X