US Civil War scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Civil War scenario?

Anyone know of one? I'm thinking of making one, but would love to see if anyone else has tried it.

Basically, I'd like to cap the technology tree at Steam Power and Nationalism, and come up with some UU's for the North and South.

Suggestions?
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

seperate tech trees for the north and south, so that the north can research and then build monitor class warships and the south can research and build virginia (merrimac) class warships, and have the different picture for each nation. also, blue clad troopers for the north and gray for the south.

i don't know if you played Nemo's Civ2 civil war scenario, but he represented the missisipi river with ocean tiles so that he could have ships go up and down the river, its much more realistic that way

Comment

Trip did a Civil War scenario for Civ III. You should be able to download it here, or at Civfanatics. Hope this helps.
      No comment.

Comment

it's not in the files directory Ed, guess I'll have to go look at CFC

Comment

I had no luck finding it, either.

I figure I can fumble about modding it enough while using existing artwork in the game - but I don't know how to cap the tech tree, etc.
          Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Question... if I set the scenario to start in the industrial age, and delete all the technologies after Nationalism and Steam power, will that effectively cap my tech tree without crashing the game?

Comment

You don't have to delete all the other techs, simply set their era to None and they will disappear and be unavailable to research. However, you may want to consider renaming the other technologies instead of omitting them to customize the tech tree of your scenario.
              No comment.

Comment

Here's the link to Trip's Civil War scenario over at Civ Fanatics (sorry to post a link to another site):

Here it is, finally up. Trip's United States Civil War scenario v1.03 is now complete and ready for download. You need an up-to-date version of WinZip or WinRar in order to play this scenario. If you use any other program the scenario won't work properly. This may seem obvious, but since...

Hope this helps.
                No comment.

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown
                  Question... if I set the scenario to start in the industrial age, and delete all the technologies after Nationalism and Steam power, will that effectively cap my tech tree without crashing the game?
                  you still need to have future tech available to research, or at least you do for civ2, i'm not sure how civ3 handles reaching the end of the tech tree

Comment

After you've exhausted all available technologies (presumably at the end of the Modern Era), you automatically start researching Future Technology. You can't change or modify Future Tech in Civ III, other than to change it's cost.
                    No comment.

Comment

ahh, noted for future reference

Comment

Working...
                      X