Still yet more issues with the editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still yet more issues with the editor

Trying to add a small wonder or two, but it says something's missing from the Civilopedia when I start the game and it exits out without even starting ... I enter the data for the wonder that I want to create and click add, but it won't work. Help? What's missing?
    "If you find yourself falling into madness - dive." - Malkavian Proverb.

It would help if you mentioned what the message you're getting is. Chances are you have to create an entry for the wonder in the PediaIcons.txt file. There's two things that wonders need there, one says something like this:

#ICON_BLDG_Bank

Then it will have a path to a graphic. The other looks like this:

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Pyramids

And again it will have a path to a graphic. If you don't have PTW, this will look a bit different. Just have a look at the file and you should be able to figure it out.

Comment

the error message went like this :

Load Error
      ERROR READING FILE
      Missing entry in "text/PediaIcons.txt":ICON_
      The game will now exit.

What do I have to put in to make it work? Can I just drop in a pre existing graphic and desc?

Comment

wow. I just had a look at the PediaIcons Text file and it's all greek to me ... hope someone who's experienced can post exactly what I'll need to write and where exactly I need to put it to make the Small Wonder I want to add work...

Comment

I think it's because you haven't added a civiliopedia entry in the editor, directly below the name at the top of the screen. It should look something like this:

BLDG_Palace

Plus you have to include an entry in PediaIcons.txt, like I mentioned earlier. And yes, you can just copy an existing one, then rename it to the improvement you're adding. But both things have to be there or the game will shut down, and the names have to be identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad F-Line
            wow. I just had a look at the PediaIcons Text file and it's all greek to me ... hope someone who's experienced can post exactly what I'll need to write and where exactly I need to put it to make the Small Wonder I want to add work...
            I already have.

PS It's not as complicated as you think. Just look around at what's already there for the improvements, and you should be able to figure it out.

Comment

Aha - there it is it's a little box labeled Civilopedia Entry - I just typed in the BLDG_ of some other Wonder and it works - thanks to the Mad Modders from a Fledgling Modder. : )

Comment

Working...
              X