Firaxis: Another Preference Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis: Another Preference Request

Now that I have some control over the time line, I'd like to be able to stretch things out a bit more. But since I've been playing an Expansionist civ, I can't really do much with the Ancient Times because of all the techs I pick up from the goody huts. But I like having Barbarians, in fact I set that to Raging, and I don't want to turn them off completely.

So do you think you could give us yet another preference selector to turn off goody huts but leave the encampments? Please?

Suggestion. You could use the map editor to set up a world with no goody huts and as many encampments as you please.

OTH If you if you do not want to know anything about your world this suggestion is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by peterfharris

OTH If you if you do not want to know anything about your world this suggestion is useless.
      That's exactly the case. I like having a random map, part of the fun for me is exploring the unknown. I even like the goody huts for that matter, I'd just like to be able to shut off the free techs.

Comment

Hmmh... how about this: Use the editor, create every day one or more random maps and delete all goody huts. Don't forgot to save the maps, e.g. "random1", "random2"...) I'm sure within a few days (or may be weeks), every of these maps are as good as "really" random maps. This way I used for changing some maps - today I'm playing maps, created weeks/months ago... and mostly can't remember which changes are in.
        Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

Originally posted by AroSch

Hmmh... how about this: Use the editor, create every day one or more random maps and delete all goody huts.
          To much trouble. I want to play not work. Besides, it's not thhe goody huts I don't want, it's just the free techs.

Comment

I'd like to be able to turn on and off having various things appear from the huts. For me it's free cities--they always appear in the worst possible places. I'd much rather have a free settler.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew1999
              I'd like to be able to turn on and off having various things appear from the huts. For me it's free cities--they always appear in the worst possible places. I'd much rather have a free settler.
              I'm not to crazy about these free cities either. I don't know why they started doing that all of a sudden, I don't recall a lot of people demanding that as a game feature. At least they're easy to get rid of, just starve them down to one citizen, and build a Worker. And occasionaly you do get one in a good location.

Comment

Working...
              X