Keeping Galleys/Ironclads in line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Galleys/Ironclads in line

There's been some discussion along the lines that Galleys and Ironclads have no business sailing in anything but coastal waters, but there's been no way to control that. Until now. With PTW's editor you can select Sea and Ocean as "Impassable to Wheeled Units", then all you have to do is select the "Wheeled" flag for these two units. I haven't tried it yet, but it should work in theory. I'll let you know soon if it does.

Yeah, cool idea. I havn't (coldn't) tested ist, becouse I have actually still no PtW. The only mistake is: you couldn't move the units into sea/ocean, so no units will sinking. It is frustrating, but funny if one of my caravell is sinking with lower luck... you know what I mean?
    Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

Originally posted by AroSch
      Yeah, cool idea. I havn't (coldn't) tested ist, becouse I have actually still no PtW. The only mistake is: you couldn't move the units into sea/ocean, so no units will sinking. It is frustrating, but funny if one of my caravell is sinking with lower luck... you know what I mean?
      It works. Though I figure having Sea impassable is overdoing it a little. It would make the Great lighthouse obsolete that's for sure. Instead I'll increase the movement cost of the other two water tiles to 3. Then give the Caravel an override on the movement penalty for Sea, and the "All Terrain as Roads" to all the Ocean capable ships. At least Galleys or Ironclads will no longer find their way across a vast ocean!

So now if anyone gets upset at losing a Destroyer etc. to a Galley, they can think of it as getting blown out of the water by terrorists in a fishing boat.

Comment

It works? Fine!
        What I meant with "sinking", was sinking during a storm for example. Sinking without attack from other Civs units. This is not "possible" now for units wich can't move an Sea/Ocean tiles... However, great improvements are possible with making sea/ocean "Impassable to Wheeled Units".
        Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

Yes it works. At least this will finally put an end to the complaints that the AI is cheating by sending Galleys across the Ocean. It will now be physically impossible for them to do so, provided the player mods that into their game.

Comment

Working...
          X