Exactly how much does a palace cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly how much does a palace cost?

Everywhere I've looked, the only shield listing on the cost of the palace was "varies".

What exactly does it depend on? I was renovating my core to shift into a wider stance to support my now less-round-more-wide empire, had determined where I wanted my new capital, and was slightly taken aback at the cost of 900 shields. I decide to do a test, save the game, plant another city pretty far off, and check the price again. With that ONE city, the price jumped to 1000 shields (I believe it may have been my 21st, but I'm not sure).

What exactly is the equation for the cost of the palace?

Nax

Not sure of the exact equation, but the game designers wanted to get rid of the quick capital switching method, the Palace can be easily changed at the start of a game but each new city makes it harder - if you're having troubles with corruption the only realistic option is the Forbidden Palace.
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

The more cities you have, the more expensive your Palace becomes. However I've never bothered to find out te exact formula.
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

I never heard of a formula on that one but it would be interesting to see one. Remember though that it the more cities you have the more it costs. It is wise to use a Leader to rush it.

So long...
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Leaders are a pain to get, particularly if you've managed to wipe out every nation in range of convenience.

Nax

Comment

Working...
          X