Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big Army-Bug??

Got a problem with armies.

I worked on a big scenario, checked it out, then I noticed that I couldn't build armies with the military academy.

What the heck, I said, and tried to find out why. There were no difference between the army in my scenario and the army in the other originals.

So I thought it could be a problem in the PTW-textfile. I used the original by then but the problem was'nt solved.

Then I tried an original scenario, the same!

Okay, something went terribly wrong I thought and deinstalled/installed CIV and PTW new.

The problem stayed. Not only with my personal scenario, no, also in the originals in the fresh installed game.

I did as follow:

I edited an orig scenario, placing a big city with all imporvements controlled by "Player1". At the same location I placed a leader, some units and an army.

Problem 1: The leader is able to hurry a building, but can't build an army! I think this is the most important thing.

Problem 2: The Army can't be build with the military academy.

I tried to find out why and checked the following things.

1: In general settings there are two points where you can define leader and army. All okay.
    2: The army could be only available after a certain technology. All okay.
    3: The unit-stats could be different. No, they are identical and available for that Civ I used. The leader's ability to build armies is checked.

Is there another thing I forgot? Heck, it's the fresh installed game, too!

Do anyone know more?

I've heard the game is built as such that for the Academy to function the civ must have prevoiusly made an Army created from a Great Leader, no exceptions. Try fighting as a civ in your scn in a huge battle, create a leader, create an army and see if it begins to work.

If that's the case, that's REALLY annoying for scenarios - as you've found.
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

And it's even worse. My leaders CANNOT build armies. I tried it. I play CivIII for a long time and I know how this should work. But there is no order to build an army for the leaders. Strange.

Comment

Re: The big Army-Bug??

Originally posted by twilight

Is there another thing I forgot? Heck, it's the fresh installed game, too!

Do anyone know more?
        Did you change the number of cities required in order to build an Army? The default is 4 and it sounds like you only had the one, so you wouldn't be able to build one.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar
          I've heard the game is built as such that for the Academy to function the civ must have prevoiusly made an Army created from a Great Leader, no exceptions. Try fighting as a civ in your scn in a huge battle, create a leader, create an army and see if it begins to work.

If that's the case, that's REALLY annoying for scenarios - as you've found.
          That's just a flag you can uncheck in the editor called "Requires a Victorious Army".

Comment

Re: Re: The big Army-Bug??

Originally posted by Willem
            Did you change the number of cities required in order to build an Army? The default is 4 and it sounds like you only had the one, so you wouldn't be able to build one.
            Indeed, this one I've forgotten. After trying I have to say, that it did'nt work.

But thanks.

Comment

I seem to have the same bug. I got a leader but am only given the hurry command. There is no button to build an army.

--

David Higginson

dmhigginson@hotmail.com

Comment

So did you change the city req. or put three additional cities on the map?
                Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
                If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
                If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

I seem to have the same bug. I got a leader but am only given the hurry command. There is no button to build an army.
                  hmm, I had the same thing...
                  Did you try to build the army in a native or conquered city??
                  Mine was a conquered one, I just assumed they changed the rules somewhat, but after seeing this thread, I highly doubt it
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think I tried all my cities. My goal for the game however was to try to finally get an army so I started a war fairly early. I may not have had enough cities. In frustration I apperantly did not save the game to test the theory though.

In a new game this weekend I did finally build an army, it was later in the game and I had many cities at the time. I suspect for me it was probably a rule I wasn't aware of rather than a bug.

Comment

You (only) need 4 cities to be able to support one army.
                      hmm, strange
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

There is definitely a button for "build army" in PTW if you activate the leader in a city. Just double-checked to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X