Font Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Error

After installing PTW, and 1.04: my game continues to recieve the following error:
    FONT ERROR

Error loading font (Error Code: 13)!!

The game will now exit.

My system:
    Compaq notebook
    Intel Celeron Proc.
    184 MB RAM
    Win ME (Jap. version)

I have had the game work before, but only if I run it immediately after startup. That no longer seems to be working. Because I recieve the error every time I run the program now. I love the game and really want to play again.....

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any advice?
    I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
    "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Are you talking about a particular saved game? Well the easiest solution (if you REALLY love the game) is to uninstall PTW. I doubt it has anything to do with your system, just compatability issues with the different versions.

Anyway, you wouldn't see the PTW effects in that game even if everything was working.
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Its not a save game - its the entire video game. Immediately after clicking the start Civ3- PTW shortcut, or clicking on "Play the game" from the autorun screen, the CD protection successfully checks my CD, but then while opening the program I recieve a black screen with a civ style message box that reads the above error.

For awhile I was able to avoid it by restarting my computer, it usually ran (about 60% of the time) if it was the first program I exicuted. That stopped working about three days ago.

I was so frustrated I uninstalled Civ3 and PTW, and reinstalled them. Still there. Then I uninstalled them, defragged, and reinstalled.... still there. I reformatted my entire system, and then reinstalled them... STILL THERE.

I have no idea what else to do... I know my system can run it, because it has (60% of the time or so) for the last month. Wah... If anyone has any ideas please help.

"I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

Update:

After manually copying the Lsans font (the one used by PTW and CIV) into the Fonts subfolder, the Error code has changed from 13 to 28. No idea if this helps, but I thought I would mention it.

Comment

Wait - this is a long shot but since your Win ME is a >Japanese< version there could be problems with the Windows fonts, have you tried it on an English OS?
          "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Yeah, I thought it might be that too... in which case I may have to consider a duel-boot option just to be able to play. The game ran quite successfully 30 or 40 times before this problem occured, however I had to restart (sometimes several times) to get it to work. Because it worked at all I am inclined to think that it involves something besides the language problem.

I am really surprised no one else has had this error however... maybe it really is just the Japanese version. Is anyone out there running a Japanese windows with the English PTW?

Comment

Funny. Yesterday, suddenly I had a font error, too (game didn't even start at all, just like yours) (English PTW on German Win98). But I can't remember if it was exactly this error code. I ran TweakUI -> repair font directory, and all was back to normal. It's a free tool, you can get it from the M$ page.

Comment

Thank you MeaCulpa for mentioning that - sorry it took me so long to notice the message. I will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                X