Speaking of editors ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of editors ...

Does anyone have a saved game editor for 1.29f?

Or alternatively - can anyone tell me where in the .sav file the 'units available to civ' data is stored?

As mentioned in another thread - I screwed up with an added unit hierarchy. That wouldn't matter except that the game I generated for a trial is b*tching! I'm against both the Romans and the Japanese but I'm toast since I can't get either my Rough Rider unit nor knights! Eek!!

I'd like to be able to turn the 'Knights available' back on.

Anyone familiar enough with the 1.29f .sav format to help me? I'd love to be able to play this game out with some chance of hanging on. The Japanese don't have Samurai yet but my a** is grass as it is now!

One of you 'sneaky' buggers must have a way of hacking said file - plz help me out before my civ goes down the drain.

BTW - my biggest peeve with CivIII as it stands is being unable to extract a map from a saved game!!!
    'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
    For thou art crunchy
    And go well with ketchup.'

It wouldn't do you any good anyway, the game rules are encoded in the save. The only way to get any changes to work would be to start a game from the beginning.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if I could get the frogging map out!!!
      For thou art crunchy

Comment

Try my MultiTool
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Does your latest version work with PTW Gramphos? It would be great to be able to save a good map from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            Try my MultiTool
            Yes!!! It saved the map!! Hooray! Thanks Gramphos!! You da man!
            For thou art crunchy

Comment

Originally posted by Elowan
              Yes!!! It saved the map!! Hooray! Thanks Gramphos!!
              Except that the game I tried playing with the map gave me a "Game over, no further points will be scored, etc." at the end of the first turn although it gave me a choice of continuing to play.

Wazzup widdat?

Also - is there a way to move the starting points of the players?
              For thou art crunchy

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                Does your latest version work with PTW Gramphos? It would be great to be able to save a good map from time to time.
                No, not yet. I'm workingon enabling parts of it for the next release, and to enable it fully when I have time to examinate all changes (and have got the expansion myself)
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

No, not yet. I'm workingon enabling parts of it for the next release, and to enable it fully when I have time to examinate all changes (and have got the expansion myself)
                  I would think that after all the effort you've put into the game so far that Firaxis would have sent you a copy for free by now. You've been providing a valuable service to the modding community for quite some time now, it seems the least they could do.

Comment

Hear him! Hear him!
                    For thou art crunchy

Comment

Found the problem!!!

Originally posted by Elowan
                      Except that the game I tried playing with the map gave me a "Game over, no further points will be scored, etc." at the end of the first turn although it gave me a choice of continuing to play.
                      Tried again - however - with a difference.[list=1][*]saved map to *.bic - no rules[*]loaded civ3mod.bic into CivIII Editor[*]imported the saved map[*]re-assigned the starting points to correspond to the original saved game[*]saved the new scenario[/list=1]
                      So far so good. Started up CivIII and loaded the scenario just saved. Used my usual settings for the Rules and Terrain.

However - and this is the important change which saved the day - this time, instead of letting the opponents be Random, I entered the civ names from the original game (in no particular order).

When I started the game - it started and played normally! It did not end after the first move was completed as before!

Duh! Seems an obvious error - now - but how many of us would have thought of that?

Don't tell me! I don't want to know how many would not have!

Sheesh!
                      For thou art crunchy

Comment

Working...
                      X