Got a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Problem

Every time I start a new game it freezes. Sometimes I can be playing for ten minuates or a few hours. This problem is happening on all of my computers.

Comp 1:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 3
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1297MHz
    Memory: 256MB RAM
    Primary File System: NTFS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0881)
    DxDiag Version: 5.01.2600.0881 32bit Unicode
    Graphic Card: Nvidia Riva TNT2 PRO 32meg

Comp 2:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 3
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~900MHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Graphic Card: Geforce2 64meg

Comp 3:
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1300MHz
    Memory: 1024 MB DDR RAM
    Graphic Card: NVIDA RIVA TNT2 32MEG

All the computers are with the 1.29f patch for civ3 and all of them have the newest drivers.

I just can't figure out why it just freezes at different parts in the game.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times. Had the PTW installed and it is doing the exact same thing even with the patch.

So if anybody has anyideas or can help me that would be great. Thanks

I have not used "Windows 2000 Professional" but since it is on all your systems there could be an issue with that. Same could probably apply to your Primary Fle System. Not sure though.
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

my friends has xp and it did the same thing...with a new game and my saved game.

Comment

i never had a problem with that o/s

scan for viruses

install all the windows updates

dont do any overclocking (if you are)
        I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Well if it's not the o/s, go by what is said above - however if you have made any major/strange rule changes these can have bad effects. If you're not on default rules, try that...
          "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Working...
          X