Civi III Adv. Editor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civi III Adv. Editor problem

I am using the 117.f patch when I try to use the advance editor I get a error message that read "verion 3.00 no longer supported ".
    I only get this some times ,and mostly when I try to change unit stats.
    does anyone know what this means it pops up when iiacutally try to play the map ,after the player selection screen ..
    Last edited by Sea41571; November 21, 2002, 12:05.
    Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

If you don't have a very specific reason for playing on 1.17f I would simply suggest updating to 1.29f.

Comment

no real reason just havent gotten around to it
      Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

didn't they release the wrong editor with 1.17???
        It was something like that IIRC.

I to do suggest you upgrade to 1.29, way better then any of the other
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
          didn't they release the wrong editor with 1.17???
          It was something like that IIRC.

I to do suggest you upgrade to 1.29, way better then any of the other
          Yes you're right. I.17f was sent out with the wrong editor.

Comment

This is as alva842 and Willem says a result of the first relaease of the 1.17f patch comeing with an editor for a later part of the game (the editor uses BIC version 3 which supports multiple strategies, but the gems itself does not)

This was corrected within 48 hours from the realease by both the release of an old editor (the correct one) and changing of all the downloads of the file. I didn't think there still were anyone using this incorrect editor this long after it got out . I suggest that you upgrade to 1.29f, but if you for dsome reason doesn't want to do that (modem connection???) you shall still be able to find the correct editor for 1.17f somewhere on this site, or if Markos has sorted it out on Civfanatics. if you still can't fine It I think I have a copy of it somewher for test purposes. (I keep all patches just in case I need to go back to an old for a day or too. I do actually think that i have both versions of 1.17f and both 1.16f (yes theyu were two too, but only the default rules were different betwenn them.))
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
            X