Dutch UU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lemmy
    So the UU will be a fast cargo ship, with lower combat values then the frigate? (Fluyt).
    Yes, this is what I suggested. "Fast" means: +1, so other Civs with Magellan could catch them and if Dutch are building Magellan, there UU has +2. This seems much, but not too much, I think.
    Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

what about a Kaper, to replace the Privateer?
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by AroSch
        Something between, or "mixed" the dutch East-Inda-Man with the well known dutch "Fleute/Fluyt". Both are trading ships, as far I know the Indiaman was armed well, for fighting back pirates and other dangers. Using the dutch East-India-Man for UU whould be an idea too (websurch for "Batavia"). However, name it "Fluyt" IMHO where the best idea, becouse the Fluyte is really known for beeing dutch, but some kind of East-India-Man was build by other nations too.

Why such Unit? Well, the dutch UU should be a naval unit - the dutch GA of the was based on naval trade like no different one. Gave the dutch some kind of better Man-o-War would be no good solution, I think, becouse dutch MoW was mostly weaker then other european MoW. (Yes, they fought well against english during english-dutch wars, but not becouse of better ships.)
        I second Arne's point A fast, well protected transport would do the trick- smaller that the Galleon in capacity, yet faster and with sizeable attack capabilities
        W.I.N.T.E.R :cool:
        Dead Winter reigns in Aramar
        CIV2:Download GNB3 Now!!!-Napoleonic Unit Compendium-CIV3:*NEW*Leibstandarte SS-*NEW*Me-109 E
        "The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM

Comment

Working...
        X