Game stopped loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game stopped loading

I installed and ran Civ3 (yes, I'm late to getting it), played a couple of games, liked it and decided to burn a copy of it to save the original. The copy didn't work and I learned all about Safedisk. I did some searching and downloaded daemon-tools and playbackup to see if I could get my copies to work. They didn't. I uninstalled and reinstalled many many times. Sometimes installing 1.29 patch, sometimes not. Then, the splash screen came up and returned me to the desktop. I went back to my original CD, uninstalled, reinstalled and now it won't work! It also brings up the splash screen and returns to the desktop. I live in the Dominican Republic and infogrames won't send their safedisk patch to certain countries so when I try to email them about this my email is bounced back to me.

Any ideas welcome. At this point I don't even want my copy to work. I just want to be able to play with the original.

Try to get a NO-CD crack from a specialized site (sorry, but 'Poly doesn't allow me to give you adresses), and make sure it corresponds to your version of Civ.

If this also doesn't work, uninstall Civ compleltely through the software manager in the control panel, and remove every occurences related to "civ" in your registry. To do this :
    --> Click on start
    --> click on run
    --> type "regedit"
    --> press F3
    --> type in "civ"
    --> Delete the found occurence
    --> press F3 (no need to type in "civ" again)
    etc...
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
    X