civ3 foriegn advisor help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ3 foriegn advisor help..

at the foreign advisor screen there is supposed to be lines indicating whos at peace/war/alliances/trade and all that. how come there is never lines connecting the different civilizations? do i need a certain advance or wonder in order for them to appear? i have espionage and embasies with everyone. any suggestions?

Try to click on a leader to display lines related to his civ. Then try the same with SHIFT (or CTRL, I do not remember exactly) + click to select several civs.
    Verify also that the adequate checkbox in the right hand panel is checked.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

The lines only appear for the civ that's currently selected. So if you want to know how the Japanese are getting along with the English, click on the Japanese figure.

Comment

still dumb..

thanks for the quick responses, but unfortunately what should work doesn't. it doesnt make any sense. i downloaded the patch (1.04) hoping that it might fix that, but it doesnt. this is really annoying, especially late in the came when im trying to worry about whos got the nukes and who is friends with the nuclear nations. one wrong move and im up in smoke.

Comment

Re: still dumb..

Originally posted by eisey~
          i downloaded the patch (1.04)

Which CivIII version do you use? 1.29f is the last one for PC.
          Nym
          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Re: Re: still dumb..

Originally posted by Nym

Which CivIII version do you use? 1.29f is the last one for PC.
            1.04 is the PTW patch. It is a bit confusing isn't it?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: still dumb..

Originally posted by Willem

1.04 is the PTW patch. It is a bit confusing isn't it?
              Yes it is. And it is even more confusing that I do not have PTW yet.
              Nym

Comment

you do have ambassys with the other civs right?

If not, the lines won't show up.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

One simple thing to check...

Are the boxes on the right side of the screen, next to the different lines for checked?

If not, then nothing will show.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Mayby a stupid answer, but make sure, you are actually watching the treaties section, not the trades...

Comment

Eisey responded to this thread, but push the wrong button, so I'm copying it in here

trust me, everything is where it should be, the damn lines just aren't popping up.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X