Help - I'm with stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - I'm with stupid

Is there a way to peacefully cancel a mutual protection pact.

I figured there would be a way but I must be overlooking it if there is one.

Thanks

Re: Help - I'm with stupid

Originally posted by dee_back
    Is there a way to peacefully cancel a mutual protection pact.

I figured there would be a way but I must be overlooking it if there is one.
    Go to the Foreign Advisor screen, contact the civ in question and click "Active" on the bottom of the bargaining window. A list of currently active deals will be displayed. If you click the MPP, it will be cancelled. Keep in mind that cancelling an MPP before the full 20 turns pass by will make your reputation suffer (if there is a number after the MPP, it indicates how many turns are still left until those 20).

Comment

Ok thanks!

Comment

To add to what has been said:

you might want to consider going to the preferences menu and enabling the "always renegotiate deals" or whatever specifically its called.

This means that after 20 turns, every deal (other than peace or war) will come up for renegotiation.

2 benefits:

1. The AI does this automatically-if the trade is to his advantage, he will keep it, if its to yours, he will end or seek to alter it.

2. you don't have to keep as close a watch on your deals and their expiration dates.

Frequently I am able to renegotiate a deal for more money

Enjoy the game

Comment

I was just snooping the forums, glad I dropped in, this is great info!
          "If you're not having fun, then you're losing the game."-Copyright Warrior Poet 11/18/2002 "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."-Tsun Tzu -Don't know when B.C.

Comment

learn something new every day ,thanks for the info
            Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

Working...
            X