Adding Buildings / Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Buildings / Units

I was wondering if it is possible to reuse icons and graphics for buildings and units?

-----------------------------
    Here is an example dealing with units:

I want to create a Peacemaker Missile as a special American unit in place of the Cruise Missile.

Can I reuse the icon for a Cruise Missile, even though I have a new unit with different stats available to only one civ?
    An example dealing with buildings:

I want to create a Community Forum, reusing the graphics for the Courthouse.

Would this somehow crash the game, possibly resulting from the City View screen, where both the Community Forum and Courthouse will be using the same graphic at the same location of the City View screen?

Also, if reusing such graphics is permitted within the game without causing errors, what all would I have to edit to compelte such changes? I went through the pediaicons.txt file and copy/pasted/editted to make things work (as far as I could tell, at least).

However, periodically a little box comes up saying Civ 3 performed an error; and I am dropped to my desktop (hooray for Autosave!). This seems to happen perhaps every twenty turns or so.

I suspect half the time it is a result of my addition of the American civ (I just posted another thread on that), but the other half the time it seems I am doing nothing that relates to the Americans and yet my game continues to crash. I suspect my new units and buildings as being the culprits.

Thank you to all who can offer any insight!
    Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.
    Ich stütze Palestina.
    El hedudd.
    iViva la Milano!
Working...
X