Adding Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Civs

I attempted to create two new civs. The first one I created prior to the patch, used the leaders icons for Persia, and everything worked fine. To create this civ prior to the patch, I rewrote over the American civ (at 4000 BC, I prefer to have civs that are somewhat older than a little over 200 years).

With the new patch, which lets you add civs, I decided to bring back America. However, I believe I am having problems with the leader art files. My problems have consisted of:

-Lack of conversational text in diplomacy screen
    -Distorted or no image in diplomacy screen
    -Game crash when dealing with American diplomacy
    -Random game crashes

I do not mind the lack of text in the diplomacy screen, but I included that just in case it might be relevant to a more major problem.

In the pediaicons.txt, I made all the files for the Americans correspond to their original AB_ files. With the flics in the edit rules for the civilizations, I have them set to:

(all include the Art\Flics\)

ANCIENT
    Ab_A01.flc
    Ab_A02.flc

MIDDLE
    Ab_B01.flc
    Ab_B02.flc

INDUSTRIAL
    Ab_D01.flc
    Ab_D02.flc

MODERN
    Ab_D01.flc
    Ab_D02.flc

I used the same flic for Industrial as I did for Modern. I do not have any Ab_C files. Should I have those?

Anyone see anything wrong with those files?

Thanks for you help!
    Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.
    Ich stütze Palestina.
    El hedudd.
    iViva la Milano!

Half a year later, sorry nobody answered ;-)

Indeed I had the same trouble. It only crashed when some diplomatic actions are used before.

After starting the game speak to those civs, the game does not chrash. Speak to some other civs before and it will. Sorry, can't say more.

Comment

Working...
    X