Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Civ3 supported on Windows XP Professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Civ3 supported on Windows XP Professional?

Everytime I try to start it, I get "please log on with administrator priveleges and try again. Thing is, I have administrator priveleges. I've tried running the game as my own login and as winxp's basic administrator identity (the one that you use when you first start using your computer.) Anyway, I really want to be able to run the game on this (my new) computer, so does anyone have any answers for me? Thanks.

I have been running Civ3 on my XP Pro for almost a year now - no problems. There is only one user defined in my WinXPs, which has the admin privileges... Dunno what's wrong with your install, but Civ3 definitely does work under XP Pro.

Comment

I would say, that it runs better under XP then it does under ME or 98.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, I am using Windows 2000 Professional - core of Windows XP and it works fine.

Of course, I log on as the Administrator and just use my computer that way anyway.

Make sure I guess you are actually log on as the Administrator, or put it in the user's profile to use the game.
        Usually those will be found in Explore in folders for the OS.
        Maybe you have to set up privileges, and you were log on as a user when installing it, not as the Adminstrator.

Works fine!

Comment

DId you patch the game to 1.29 ? I remember many people complained about XP compatibility before the first parch appeared. I don't remember if it involved admin priviledges though.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
          X