Error Reading File error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Reading File error

I've modded a scenario and some of the units using the editor and when I achieve a cultural victory using this scenario, I get an error message saying:

"error reading file: missing entry in "text\Pedialicons.txt": LOVED_RACE_ROMANS"

I checked the Pedialicons.txt and the entry LOVED_RACE_ROMANS is there. I've completely removed Civ3, reinstalled and reinstalled the 1.29f patch without modding anything else in the Civ3 folder. This happens in the 1.29f patch games (I did not start a game and then install the patch, this game and scenario was made and started in the 1.29f patch). Anyone have any ideas?

Does the text file read:
    "#LOVED_RACE_ROMANS
    art\leaderheads\CE_CULTB.pcx"?
    Did you mod the Romans or change the leaderhead?
    Is the file "art\leaderheads\CE_CULTB.pcx" missing or damaged?
    Can you post a zip with a copy of the bic file and a copy of the pediaicons.txt file?

Comment

There is a glitch in the original Pedialicons.txt file. Look for the following lines there:

# Small loved Icons
      #LOVED_RACE_ROMANS (Cultural Victory Winner)

If you look at other similar lines throughout the file, you will realize that the " (Cultural Victory Winner)" part should be attached to the first lind, not the second one. Just delete it or move it to the correct location and you should be fine.

Comment

Ya, thanx, I caught that bit a while back. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X