instalation and reinstalation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instalation and reinstalation

I would like to install an additional copy of civ3 to be used with the "double your pleasure" mod since the changes make the regular game un-playable (or nearly so). But it won't allow me to do this - each time I try it wants to reinstall over the existing files instead of allowing me to chose a different folder for the instalation. can anyone offer some help here? or is one copy per computer all that is allowed? (which would be dumb since I can obviously only play one at a time)

-dana
    insert sig here.

You might be able to get it to work if you either install on another drive or if you just copy the Civ3 folder to another area and dont use the CD at all.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I'm not familiar with that mod. If its just a modified bic, just play it as a scenario. If it involves anything else (art, text, etc) just copy the original files somewhere else into a new folder with a different name.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

If you have enough harddrive space, just create a new folder called "Civ3 Backup" - then copy the entire contents of the Civilization III folder into that folder, and you have a backup.

Now when you feel like going back to the original again (if you ever do ) just delete the contents of your Civilization III folder and copy the contents of the Civ3 Backup folder into the empty folder.

If you have more trouble, just email the release manager - I hear he's a really friendly guy .. from time to time anyway
        Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

Working...
        X