No random maps in mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No random maps in mods?

My intention is to make some simple changes to units, otherwise playing normally. That is, use this as my basis for otherwise normal, random games.

The trouble is that there is no random map generation feature when I open my slightly modified scenario. When I start the game, that whole map selection screen is bypassed. It defaults directly to the civ choice screen. When I actually start to play, the map itself is always a standard sized map, with a one tile desert island upon which stands my starting units. All the rest is .. well. I'm assuming its all ocean. The first time I started a game in this compromised position, I thought it was just a fluke of the random map generation. But I see now this is not the case, since it happens every time. Civ3 thinks I want to use this map in my 'scenario'.

As near as I can tell, Civ3 thinks I actually mean 'scenario' when I open my scenario I've modestly entitled "preferred.bic". All I really want is to play normally with my slightly modded units.

I guess the root of my question is, what should I do to play normal civ with modified units? All this explanation is just by way of showing you what I am doing... so you can bonk me over the head and point out what I'm doing wrong. :P

Some extra info:

I'm all updated with the latest patch, 1.29f I think it is. I copied the original bic file, made some unit modifications, then saved it as 'preferred.bic.' This is the 'scenario' I open, and what is giving me ulcers.

Thanks,

-Swoosh

have you checked under the scenario menu in Civ3edit? is there a tick next to custom map? If there is, you should just deactivate that option. If there isn't, I don't know what else to do.

Comment

In the scenario menu, there are three choices. Custom player, custom map, or custom rules. They are all unchecked.

Comment

RTFM is the rule of the day. I'll bonk myself on this one, so don't trouble yourselves.

Comment

Thank God I thought I was loosing my mind. Even though this Thread is a few days old I had the Same Problem Today when tryin to edit some units on a new map with the advanced Editor
          Thx Capt'n and ADC
          Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

Working...
          X