SCENARIO: Lonely World Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCENARIO: Lonely World Scenario

Not really a scenario, just a map with no ocean. It has some large lakes though!

I made this map for my graphic mod, just trying to see what I could get out of it really.

There are a few changes in this map:

Resources:
    Stone
    Hard wood
    Rice

There are new buildings, I'm not gonna get into it, because it'll take me forever to explain it all. Besides, it's not that hard to learn, one thing I should tell you is that you NEED wood and stone to succeed in this game, once you've got them you will also need to build a stone cutter and lumber mill (cheap as a warrior). Once you've built them you can build barracks, temple, etc. Just think logically; so for example, if you wanted to build a palace, temple, wall, great wall, etc, then you'd need stone and a stone cutter, for barracks and harbor you need hard wood and lumber mill. Some buildings do require both stone and wood, like the cathedral.

This game starts with 12 players (you included). EVERYONE begins on a mountain or hill. This way the civ has to move off, and you better hope you find the best place. The land in this game is very resourceful and properly made (none of that auto-generate crap). You will notice forest is everywhere - much like it was before we started cuttin it down! But there are places where its very barren.

In this game you are Babylon, the difficulty is warlord and all victory options are on. There are no barbarian raids, except for the camps that are already there. Everyone starts with a settler, worker and warrior.

Last note: I made this for myself, I wasn't planning on releasing it, so if you find that I haven't given enough info, or it's not a great scenario, don't expect me to care about it.

But mind you, this was one of the most interesting games I have ever played in my 12 years of Civ, I never expected it to be this good. It is as if every event in the game was just as interesting as the large events in the real world, and you really feel a part of it. I hope that the same experiences face you if you play this game.
    Attached Files
    Yeah, VERY GOOD.
    85.71%
    Was okay.
    14.29%
    SUCKED.
    0.00%
    I can't read.
    0.00%
    be free

oh and PLEASE back up your stuff! (resources and civilopedia)

this was made with the latest patch btw
    Attached Files
    be free

Comment

And if you want the graphic mod pack, you should go here:

be free

Comment

I love your terrainmod, so I'll give this one a try as well! Were in the civiliopdia have you done changes? Mine is already changed with an other mod and I wish to keep this...

Comment

...and text and probably pictures for the new buildings are needed. Just got an error message loading the scenario...

Comment

I had no problems with it

what message came up?
            be free

Comment

This error message

"error reading file

Missing entry in "text\pediaicons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Lumber_Mill"

Comment

Just in case I didn't upload the pediaicons text file, I'll upload it again (sorry)

btw, just a note, I didn't create any icons for the buildings so the buildings use the 'wealth icon' instead.
                Attached Files
                be free

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it when I'm at my home computer again!

Have you tried to open the city view with the new buildings? I would assume the game crash... (not that I need the city view, I'm just a curious person!)

Comment

So far, so good! Interesting that I have to research some basics!

Comment

Great map! But, (there is always a but, isn't it?) it hangs... It's like civ3 is doing some kind of hard calculation as it takes all my cpu-power and remains so...

Can you or someone else try it? Want to make sure if it's my computer or not... I post the save game here. Just press enter and your comuter should hang... (solution in Win2K/XP: Press ctrl-shift-esc and terminate the process or give it lower priority)
                      Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't hang on me when I go to the view.

what are your computer specs? the game does get heavy, you should be on a 450 at least with 128RAM (especially on WinXP or 2K)

I would like to know also if others are having problems.

I have this other map I want to release, it's on huge, regent and all players. Yep, it's slow as Bush. But it's really good.
                        be free

Comment

My computer has high enough specs... XP1800, 512MB RAM (1GB actually, but 512MB is out as I do some troubleshooting on my machine) Abit KR7A motherboard, GeForce3 and my OS, win2K, and games are running on SCSI-drive.

It's not the view that hangs it this time; it's something during the AI turns. I have some problems with my computer currently, so it might be only mine, the hanging was just not typical for the other problems I have...

Post your map! Even if it's will be as slow as Bush would play!(maybe he should, maybe he can solve wars there instead or maybe he get some new freakin' ideas, but that's an other discussion...) What I've seen so far from you is nice

Comment

Okay, I'm just fine tuning it then I'll release it later (2 hours time maybe)
                            be free

Comment

EDIT::: I've changed the bic file a bit. there was a mistake. I had it so that player 1 (human player) started in the same place each time. (sorry!) It's fixed and I also added rivers to where it was too hard to survive from.

btw, I was wondering if this map would work well for multiplayer?

-----------------------------------------

I've reuploaded the zip file. If you were one of the first 4 to download, you will have the old one.

Lonely World 2

No Barbarians
                              No Oceans, just some lakes.
                              Huge land
                              Resources: stone, wood
                              Any difficulty
                              Max of 16 civs.
                              English are the only ones who can build the longbowman (in replacement of the Man-O-War). It's easier to build and it has a bombard range and strength of 1.
                              All tree's (except jungles) have a movement cost of 1 (like grassland).
                              You need Stone and Wood in order to build a settler. Settlers also cost a little bit more.
                              Palace, Pyramids, The Lighthouse, Great Library, The Great Wall, Newtons Unversity and Hoover dam all need Stone.
                              JS Bachs needs Stone AND hard wood.
                              New Govt: Utopia: Better than Democracy and allows war easily. Requires Genetics.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by FrostyBoy; October 17, 2002, 20:45.
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X