Reguest for a new / replacement unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reguest for a new / replacement unit

Sorry everyone but I just don't like the warrior guy with the axe.

I'd like to replace him with a guy armed with either a spear or javelin and a small shield, no armour. Or maybe carrying a javelin in each hand (one to throw and one to keep for defence ?). Preferably in similar clothing to the archer.

Anyone know of anything suitable, or care to put one together ?

Funny you should ask.

I am currently creating several units for Exsanguination's "Alexander the Great Scenario" over in the CFC site.

Have a look at the pictures on page one of this thread....

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Discussions on this scenario are NOT to continue here at CFC. We have found a new home at CDG. Feel free to browse the existing threads, as they will remain here and continue to be a reference for the scenario. To contribute to the scenario, or to stay updated on whats...

Would this do?
    Attached Files

Comment

....or this one with no shield?

(Be warned though.....I have several units to make first, so these two won't be ready for at least a fortnight....probably even longer.
      But they will be finished, eventually )
      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent Kryten, just the sort of unit I was looking for !

Could I mention to you, if you're looking for inspiration or information that there are some excellent colour pictures of different types of ancient and medieval soldiers and warriors at:

It's a web site for an online wargaming programme, but if you click on the all armies of 4500 years are painted link, it takes you to a listing of over a hundred armies for each there are a series of color pictures illustrating the main types of soldiers and warriors in that army.

Comment

Excellent Xanthippe, just the sort of site that I'VE been looking for!

I strongly urge anyone interested in ancient/medieval units, mods, or scenarios to visit this site.
          It's an absolute goldmine!

Cheers matey!

Comment

Working...
          X