Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCENARIO: Modern World (In Progress! Nitpickers needed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCENARIO: Modern World (In Progress! Nitpickers needed!)

This is a project that is still far from completion. It is 5-10% done so far. I plan on creating a scenario of the world today. I will use Marla's World map (I will place the cities.) I will mod it a bit, adding several units, most notably tanks. (3 types is not enough for the entire world!) I'll maybe add 15 tanks and several planes. I'll also find leaderheads for the major countries. I'm not promising new ones for the little countries.

There will be 16 civs:

1. United States - Has the US, Israel, and its overseas territories. Israel should be with the US because the US is its best friend out of all the major world powers.

2. Great Britain - Has the UK, its overseas territories, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. (I like having Canada be seperate from the US, I like having Britain and Australia be seperate from the EU, and I like having Britain be powerful. This arrangement fits all three.)

3. European Union - Has Europe minus Russia and England, French Guyana, and some random little islands.

4. Russia - Has Russia, some Eastern European countries, and maybe some little countries in Asia.

5. Union of Muslim Nations - Has the Middle East, Egypt, Indonesia, and the -istan countries

6. India

7. China - Owns Cuba, China and some little countries around it like North Korea.

8. Southeast Asia - Owns Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, the Phillipines, ad a bunch of other island countries.

9. Venezuela - Owns Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, and Ecuador.

10. Brazil

11. Argentina - Owns Argentina, Boliva, Paraguay, Uraguay, and Chile.

12. Mexico - Owns Central America

13. Japan - Owns Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea.

14. South Africa

15. Congo

16. Saharan Africa

So those are the countries. The first thing for you guys to help me with: North and South American cities. North America, Venezuela, and much of Brazil are done. I want you to point out any misplaced cities you see. I will correct them next weekend, finish South America, and do Europe. Then two weeks from now, I'll do Africa and the Pacific Islands. Then i'll spend two weeks on Asia. Then I'll start placing units and doing all that stuff. So you'll see a complete version in about a month.

(Civs 13-16 edited in. Forgot to post em but I had thought them out.)
    Last edited by Jaguar; October 6, 2002, 18:15.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

file:
    Attached Files
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Re: SCENARIO: Modern World (In Progress! Nitpickers needed!)

A few suggestions:

There are various problems with the civs. First, all of Southern Africa is left blank- unless you ban settlers, this will mean chaos in that area.

There are three ways I think you could arrange states- by market organizations, or by ideologies, or leanings for and against certain things or states: With the world as fractures as today, this type of scenerio to fit all 190 sattes is very difficult. For Example- all the Islamic state together is not accurate at all. Many hate each other, have divergent paths, so forth. If India goes o war with Pakistan, it would not be at war with iran, it might even court Iran, for example. They can't all be together.

Too many civs in Latin America.

Russia has too much power: eastern europe should be independent.

You left out Japan! and south Korea, Taiwan, so forth.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Oh sorry I forgot to list some civs. I planned them, just didn't post them. I'm editing them in now

Comment

I intend on having a lot of cities but banning settlers. Mexico sending settler stacks up to newfoundland is annoying.

Do you think I should get rid of a civ (congo maybe?) and use the spot somewhere else?

Comment

Another idea: incorporate Venezuela into Mexico?

Comment

You should keep Congo, and remane it Nigeria, sionce Nigeria is the biggest state in Africa.

Saharan Africa,a dn islamic states could be split and remodeled: Arab League (all of North Africa, ME), split this from other Islamic states like Indonesia, Palkistan.

In latin America, you should have only 3 civs, not 4.
              And I still think Russia has too much: you could have Mexico (alll Caribbean, Central America, Colombia), Andean states (what you called Venezuela, plus Peru, Bolivia) and change Brazil to mercosur- include argentina, and extra.

But again, with the wrld as screwy as is, it is hard to classify- not like during the cold war.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think Russia is ok with East Europe included. I can just not give their cities many improvements and give them out of date cold-war weapons.

Comment

What do you suggest I do with Pakistan, Indonesia, and Afghanistan then? If I put them together, what would I call them?

Comment

Add Iraq and forget the other middle eastern ones. Also add Israel. IF you want I have everything for an Israel civ because I have added about 10 civs to my game already.
                    For your photo needs:
                    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
                      Add Iraq and forget the other middle eastern ones. Also add Israel. IF you want I have everything for an Israel civ because I have added about 10 civs to my game already.
                      I could make an israel civ if necessary.

what do you mean "forget the other middle eastern ones?"

Comment

adding Isreal wouldn't make much sense, I mean why put in a civ that would probably only have 2 cities up against all these other major countries? I mean even France, Germany, Spain, and Italy have to share a country!if you want to make an extra Civ any of them would be more desearving, or maybe everything east of Germany in Nato and everything to the west in some other organization.

Iraq is a good idea though. If I were going to suggest anything in the middle east I'd say just give Isreal to the middle east as you'll only fit a couple cities there and then give the US Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Dont add Iran and Afghanistan just Iraq. The reason I suggest Israel is because they are an important US ally and are the biggest middle eastern power.

I would keep all the European countries seperate too.
                          For your photo needs:
                          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

It's just to small though, it would be like adding North or South Korea as it's own country, there wouldn't be enough room to do anything and they don't have any over seas holdings. If some one where to make a bigger middle eastern only map where Isreal could have more cities then it would make sense but on a world map Isreal is pretty insignificant in land area, especially if the Middle East is all going to be part of one country including all the "istans" how would they possibly compete with that?

Comment

oh yeah and you may want to make all the "istan" countries part of Russia and give them old cold war era junk, then make eastern europe it's own power and make western europe a seperate power too. Just an idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X