Help me figure out tank upgrade paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me figure out tank upgrade paths

Right now I have graphics for: Panzer, Panther, Tiger, Leopard, C3 Leopard, MKIV, Default Tank (what model is it based on?) Churchill, Sherman, Modern Armor (Is it an abrams or a M1?) T26, T34, T55, KV2, Merkava 4, and Crocodile.

How should I do the upgrade paths? Obviously the five German tanks go in the same path.
    Panzer->Panther->Tiger->Leopard->C3 Leopard, right?

Merkava I think should be separate

T26->T34->T55

MKIV->Churchill I would think, but should there be something in between? The default tank, maybe? And I would be inclined to finish it Churchill->Sherman->MA, as those are british/american.

And what do I do with the KV2? It is apparently a heavy T34, but I think it would crowd the upgrade path. So I think it will probably be the first in its line. What should it upgrade to? T55?

Also, I might add futuristic tanks in. Which ones should I use, and how should I use them?
    Last edited by Jaguar; October 5, 2002, 20:09.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

I believe the Tiger tank came before the Panther tank. The Tiger is a heavy tank, while the Panther is considered a medium tank. Maybe you can have two upgrade chains for tanks, one chain for Light/Medium tanks and another chain for Heavy/Main Battle tanks.

The modern armor that comes with the game appears to be the Abrams M-1 MBT. The Merkava and C-3 are other types of modern armor units--maybe you can just use them as flavor units for the appropriate civs.

As for futuristic tanks, there are only two that I know of: NeOmega's laser tank and Level's gravtank, both available at CFC if you can't find them here at Apolyton.
    No comment.

Comment

Thank you for correcting me on the german tanks. I was wondering about Panthers and Tigers.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Tanks should upgrade in power, so he actual tech progression is not that important- i eman, woul;d you panthers be stronger tha your Tigers? That would be wrong.

Also, don't you have any general tnk pats? Most are civ specific- what about the chinese? I mean, there is a Ka-Go tank for the japanese, but...

First, i recommend the F-17 units from civfanatics (it looks great)

A geenral tank upgrade scheme might beMark IV (looks ancient)- t-26 (looks nice and fragile)-normal fixaris tank- T-55 (good 1960's look),- Modern armor (whichever one you choose)

The KV-2 is a heavy version of the KV-1, with a low velocity gun to attack inmobile targets. it is older than the T-34, and not really a battle-tank, more of a siege tank. It might run at the same time, not after.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm using them in a Europe scenario so Asian tanks aren't necessary.

Comment

try this: http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/germany/index.htm

you'll find images, dates (upgrade path) and specs (A,D,M)
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
            X