Impossible to add new civs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible to add new civs?

I want to create a very simple mod with new civs (Incas and Maori) in a standard size earth map.
    I've started to add Incas with the editor (I've installed 1.29 patch), added flic, civilopedia entry, starting locations, colors, number of civs, active civs, etc...
    I've changed pediaicons.txt., diplomacy.txt and civilopedia.txt...everithing seems to work well but there is a great problem!!!
    In foreign minister screen (F4) I cannot see the right portrait: the program continues to use the portrait of the last 'standard' civ (civs in the original version)!
    For example I've Zulu as last 'standard' civ (before Incas) and I continue to see Zulu portrait in F4 screen.
    I've tried a lot of different solutions but the problem remains!
    I've read some threads about add a new civ (like Incas) but these solutions simply don't work for me (1.29 problems?).

I've tried also a curious experiment...I've deleted every Zulu image and flic (flics, leaderheads and civilopedia/icons/races) (in reality I've moved them in another dir); I've copied Atahualpa images and renamed them as Zulus. Of course the program continues to work with new images (I've changed only graphics...) but F4 screen continues to use Zulu's portrait for the Incas (and for Zulu) !!!!

WHERE THE PROGRAM READS THESE IMAGES???

You know that these portraits are taken form flics (see Abramo Lincoln for example) but in my 'modified version' there is not Zulu's flic (I've deleted them)!
    I think that some images are hardcoded in the exe or in another file...

In other words: is it possible to create a 'mod' with new civs or not?

Oops... I've missed the pcx in art/advisor

Now it works and i've understood the reason for the 'replaced' portrait...if the program does not find the image it loads the last succesfully loaded one!!!

So we need flic, leaderheads and advisors...

I'll try to add some new unit...

Comment

Yes, you need many images to create a leader.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
      X