Downloaded Attatchments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloaded Attatchments?

Ive downloaded a couple of attatchments of saved games I want to take a look at,I dont seem to be able to look at them in game.Heres what I did,downloaded into my docs then moved them into the saves folder offline,went into the game and cant find them.
    Obviously Im doing something wrong can anyone please help.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

They may be ZIP files or they may be in there as 'attachment' instead by the correct name. If its a zip you will have to unzip it to get at the .sav file which is what Civ III needs.

Comment

Thanks Ethelred for your response but I have still not been able to veiw the sav file.If you get chance to look at it yourself could you post back and let me know if Im doing something wrong.
      Its at Civ3 General What should I do next ,by Flash 9286
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Its not a ZIP its a standard .SAV file. All you have to do is make sure it has the right name and its in the save folder.

My bet is you saved it as "attachment". If not your looking in the wrong folder. It loaded fine for me. You may have to change a folder option to see the extension. For no good reason at all MicroSephalic has explorer default setting to not showing extensions. Its REALLY hard to download things properly if you can't change the extentsions.

So go back into explorer and find where you put the file. Make sure it really is in the right folder. Make sure it has the .SAV extension and rename if it doesn't.

Comment

Thanks for the help Ethelred I sorted it like you said with the help of first officer in command of 4th legion of Rome.ie my mate Louise.
          Thanks again much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X