No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: New city view look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about something else instead of park on those tiles?

Something of similar color, but still part of city (not an empty place).

Comment

perhaps a fountain or a statue.
      Pentagenesis for Civ III
      Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

I found small "graphic bug" in medivial far-east set.
        There is some small blue line beneath buildings.

Here is a FIXED version I made, and which works well.
        (I have just moved lower border line for 1 pixel down)
        Attached Files

Comment

As for the park idea.

I have mixed feelings.
          I like it idea, but not implementation.

It's just in a centre.
          (still lot of free room farther from center)

Sometimes it owerlaps unneedlessly.

And it makes several new streets, which together give a little "too much streets" feeling.

Now, maybe you could try to "map" all potential building places (a difficult task), and put something only there. Something small (maybe a single tree?), which can't be seen, if building is alredy built.

Comment

Regarding the bug with filler-mea.pcx, I'm in the office and I don't have here the game to check it, but I remind I had some of these problems when I was developing it, as I just checked industrial and modern cities... Thank you for fixing it...

Regarding the parks... I think there is no way to to "map" all the free places. Have a look at some different cities, and you will notice that free places are always in different possitions. If I adapt the free places to a concrete city, there will be big holes in other cities. And If I put single trees in these tiles, the tile will be anyway almost empty.

I know it could be improved in some way, but I don't know how... (Anyway, my oppinion is that I prefer the parks, even surrounding the buildings, than the holes)

Comment

But wait, aren't all building (inculding wonders and palace) always placed in same positions?

So those positions give free places.
              Right?

P.S.
              By the way, for know, non-park impolementation works better for me.
              I'll reconsider after you impove it.

Comment

Could someone post a screenshot of what these look like in the game itself? Thanks!
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Maybe you should give the parks a more "natural" shape, making them less rectangular.

And the zip-file for the grassland tile seems to be damaged... at least I can't unzip it.

Comment

Here's a screenshot with the original zip, Player1's roads and no park - American with all wonders through TOE.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Same as above, but no wonders.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to see one with the park. Does anyone have one?

Comment

Your mod is fantastic! Awesome!
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

So Ismailov, have you used these in the game? Don't get me wrong, the mod is a change for the better. But your fans cry out... I can only give them one possible cultural view - and I didn't download the park. The people cry out for more! (dam'n, I sound like one of those idiot advisors) Or have you just been too busy enjoying playing the game and looking at the cities with your new mod? If so, I don't blame you - but send pictures!

Comment

Ok! I'm here again... I was missing the last days because there was a looooot of work in the office... This work will take me a few more days... As soon as possible, I'll be back here and I'll try to develop some of the improvements you are demanding me. So, let me make you all the following question: What would you like to get improved next in the mod?

Comment

(YES, miccolf, I have played the game with the mod! And I'll send more screenshots of other culture types, both modern and industrial, with parks, as soon as possible...)

Comment

Working...
                                X