How to change name of wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change name of wonder

I'd like to change the name of the wonders. But I don't know how to exactly..

The reason I want to change; I was playing, and it came up "Russians are building Magellans Expidition" or something like that anyway, then it came up that the Americans were building the Magellans Expidition; And I thought to myself, how stupid is that. It's as if both countries had a guy named Magellan and were going to do something that seems as if it's already been done before, seeing how they've named it "Magellans Expidition".

What I'd like to do is name the great wonder to something less detailed, but explains the point of building the wonder.

So when it comes up "Russians are building Magellans Expidition" it says "Russians are beginning an Expidition to sail around the world" instead.

Can this be done?
    be free

AFAIK, names of wonders and improvements can be changed in the editor. But as far as grammatics are concerned (in your example the new name would have to start with the word "a", which doesn't fit everywhere), our opportunities are rather small.

Comment

yeah it is...

oh well thanks for replying Sir Ralph
      be free

Comment

You change the name in the editor and you should also add an entry in pediaicons.txt. Fo example, in a scenario I made I wanted to change the Oracle to be the Jefferson Memorial, so I had to add the folowing entry:
        #ICON_BLDG_Jefferson_Memorial
        SINGLE
        art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\oraclelarge.pcx
        art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\oraclesmall.pcx
        This is really only needed if you want to add a civilopedia entry for your newly re-named wonder.

Comment

It might be possible to get the result by working with the textfiles and renaming them, but just renaming won't work.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
          X