Map Preview: Latest Version of my 180x180 Earth Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Preview: Latest Version of my 180x180 Earth Map

Here is the latest version of my map. It has undergone a major overhaul in various regions. Most notably the West Coast of North America, but also the British Isles and parts of Europe, and several other areas.

Please take a look at it and tell me if there are any areas that jump out at you as comletely inaccurate. I want to get them ironed out before I start placing resources.

This map is 180x180. I am thinking about doing some smaller versions of the map after this one is finished. What sizes do people want to see? I am thinking 150x150 and 120x120 might be worth doing. What do you think?

Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
    or play regular Civ3 on one of my earth maps: 256x205; 180x180 Map; or 140x140.
    For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

A closer look

Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
    For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

Comment

What do you think? Where can I improve it?

I have already made a modification to Crete, making in one tile smaller, and I moved the mouth of the nile west a tile.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Greeeat, but can u even make it in 256X256 size?

Comment

Sorry, I am not interested in making one that large. Most systems can't handle playing a game on that size and there are already some good ones out there that fit that size, Teturkhan has a very nice 256x256 map.

My next project will probably be a 140x140 version.

I am glad you like it though. Thanks.

Comment

Will you take care of correct starting locations too?

I'd be much obliged ...

AJ
            " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
            - emperor level all time
            - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

I have released the clean version of the map over at CFC. There are no resources, start locations or anything else, just the map.

I will eventually, when I find the time, put together a version with resources and start locations.

KittenofChaos is working on one now.

Comment

wonderful!

a smaller one would be nice... not more than 120x120 (e.g. for smaller version of modern world scenario)

maybe even 100x100. allthough some other map-makers (el mencey, etc.) have done so, a choice is always better.

thanks!
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                X